Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here we go. These are two out of a bunch of songs i've recorded over the last couple of months. They're intended for an album I'm recording at the moment called "Wave", which should be finished sometime next year, hopefully around february.

The concept is all instrumental music based on the chippy, c64'ish sounds of square waves, saw waves and all sorts of other waves available. I call the mixture Wave Metal (this seems fitting considering the massive amount of distorted guitar playing the aforementioned sounds are combined with...)

I'm also working on a website where all of my music will be available for download in hi-q versions.

Well, hope you dig. If you don't, there's pretty much nothing I can do about it. :D

This song is called "Wave". It's the title track of the album I'm working on (well DUH!).

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Composition and production-wise this is very cool - kind of like Vangelis meets Van Halen. The sounds are interesting and intriguing, but I can see where it might not be everyone's cup o'tea. I'd be curious to hear some of the other tracks.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
different for my tastes but gr8 musicality. Gr8 to hear from you again EP:jam:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys, thanx for listening!! -Good to see ya'll too, I guess it's been a while since my last posts!! :smirk:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Interesting ideas and exciting sounds. Somehow it reminded me of old Kraftwerk – you know “We are the robots” and “She’s a model”? I want to hear more of this!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow!! Thanks a bunch guys!!

Eric SU: I don't know what "gtp" is, could you explain? :thumb:

Karkki: Don't know if you've checked it out yet, but I have another tune of a similar vibe posted at the moment. It's called Super Sonic Stranger, I guess you'll find it if you look around a bit! :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eric SU: Sure thing man, I'm working on it! I'll let you know when I put it up (probably within the next few days) ! :icon_thum

Canyon: Thanx for the listen dude!! Well, it seems the compression of the original wav. file into an mp3 kinda put the keys very much up front, don't know why that happens. :dunno:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
you have certainly found a niche mate. This is great. You should get a whole bunch of these tunes and send them in to some games developers.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanx a bunch dude!! That's exactly what I entend to do!! :thumb:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I posted the tab in the lessons & tab section. Enjoy!! :icon_thum

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.