Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Billy Joel Unhurt After N.Y. Car Wreck
Source: Launch

Singer Billy Joel was involved in his third car accident in two years Sunday when he slammed into a house on a wet road on Long Island. No one was seriously injured.

There was no evidence that alcohol or drugs were involved and Joel was not suspected of any crime, said Nassau County police Officer Joan Eames.

Joel suffered a small cut on a finger but refused medical attention, Eames said.

Joel was alone in the car, and no one in the house was injured, police said.

Thomas Phillips Jr. was on his front lawn when he heard the crash and went over to see what happened.

Joel "seemed embarrassed that he lost control of the car," Phillips said. "He said, `I can't believe I got in another accident.' He was just going out to get a pizza."

A call to Joel's publicist, Claire Mercuri, was not immediately returned.

Last year Joel was hospitalized after smashing his car into a tree along a Long Island highway. No summonses were issued, and Joel was not given a Breathalyzer test.

Joel escaped serious injury in a crash in East Hampton in June 2002.

He later checked into a substance abuse and psychiatric center, reportedly after becoming depressed when a respiratory infection forced him to cut short a tour with fellow piano player Elton John .

Joel and model Christie Brinkley, who divorced in 1994, have a teenage daughter, Alexa Ray. Following last year's accident, Brinkley expressed concern about their daughter riding in a car with him.

Joel, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, has had more than two dozen Top 10 hits, including his signature 1974 song "Piano Man." The Broadway musical "Movin' Out" is devoted to his music.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
VELVET REVOLVER:Contraband Bonus DVD Details Revealed
Source: Blabbermouth

According to HMV Japan, the bonus DVD that will accompany the special and limited edition of VELVET REVOLVER's "Contraband" will contain the following:

01. Set Me Free (live video from El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles, June 2003, mixed in 5.1)
02. Slither (video)
03. The making of the "Slither" video
04. Six online teasers

"Contraband" (view cover here) track listing:

01. Sucker Train Blues
02. Do It For The Kids
03. Big Machine
04. Illegal 1
05. Spectacle
06. Fall To Pieces
07. Headspace
08. Superhuman
09. Set Me Free
10. You Got No Right
11. Slither
12. Dirty Little Thing
13. Loving The Alien (Sometimes)

In other news, the special and limited edition of "Contraband" that will be released in the U.K. on June 8 will include the bonus track "Bodies".

VELVET REVOLVER — who've only played one show before (last year in Los Angeles) — recently shot a video for the album's first single, "Slither", with director Kevin Kerslake (NIRVANA, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, IGGY POP). Look for the "Slither" video to premiere Tuesday, April 27 at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific as part of MTV2's "Makes The Video".

VELVET REVOLVER will embark on a North American tour beginning on May 13 in St. Louis, Missouri.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New CD Releases 4/27

John Abercrombie Quartet Class Trip (ECM)

Susan Arioli Band That’s for Me (Justin Time)

Paul Bley Nothing to Declare (Justin Time)

The Body Acoustic (David Chesky ensemble) The Body Acoustic (Chesky)

Ed Burleson The Cold Hard Truth (Palo Duro)

The Caribbean William of Orange (Hometapes Recordings)

Mary Chapin Carpenter Between Here and Gone (ICE #205) (Columbia)

Francois Carrier Traveling Lights (Justin Time)

Marilyn Crispell Trio Storyteller (ECM)

D-12 D-12 World (w/limited-edition bonus DVD; w/Eminem, Mr. Porter, G Unit, Swift and Kuniva; ICE #205) (Shady/Interscope/Aftermath)

The Drapes Swollen (Orange)

The Dresden Dolls The Dresden Dolls (8 Ft.)

Tinsley Ellis The Hard Way (ICE #205) (Telarc)

The Fiction I Told Her That I Like Living in a Box (Level-Plane)

Bèla Fleck & Edgar Meyer Music for Two (w/bonus DVD) (Sony Classical)

Jason Forrest (aka Donna Summer) The Unrelenting Songs of the 1979 Post Disco Crash (Sonig)

Future Leaders of the World LVL IV (Epic)

Jerry Gaskill (member of King’s X) Come Somewhere (produced by Ty Tabor) (Inside Out)

The Glasspack Bridgeburner (ICE #205) (Small Stone)

Grey Does Matter How to Make Millions in Real Estate (JankOmatic)

Halfway to Gone Halfway to Gone (ICE #205) (Small Stone)

Shane Henry Deliverance (ICE #205) (Shanachie)

Alan Hewitt Project Noche de Pasion (215)

Louise Hoffsten Knäckerbröd Blues (ICE #205) (Memphis International)

Jolie Holland Escondida (Anti)

Icewater Scandal (formerly AM Radio) No Handle (ICE #205) (The Social Registry)

Goran Ivanovic & Fareed Haque Seven Boats: Music for Two Guitars (Proteus)

Jersey Generation Genocide (Universal)

Jimmie’s Chicken Shack Represent (Koch)

Martyn Joseph Whoever It Was Who Brought Me Here Will Have to Take Me Home (Appleseed)

Juvenile Juve the Great (Screwed and Chopped) (Universal)

Frank Kimbrough Lullabluebye (Palmetto)

Diana Krall The Girl in the Other Room (hybrid SACD same day; co-written w/Elvis Costello; ICE #204) (Verve)

Steve Kuhn Trio Promises Kept (ECM)

The Link Quartet Italian International Playboys (Hammondbeat)

Loretta Lynn Van Lear Rose (recorded w/Jack White; ICE #206) (Interscope)

Joey McIntyre 8:09 (Artemis)

Marion Meadows Players Club (Heads Up)

Dan Melchior’s Broke Revue O Clouds Unfold (Troubleman)

Midnite Snake Midnite Snake (Birdman)

Nekromantix Dead Girls Don’t Cry (Hellcat)

The One AM Radio A Name Writ in Water (Level-Plane)

Sam Phillips A Boot and a Shoe (ICE #205) (Nonesuch)

John Pizzarelli Bossa Nova (ICE #205) (Telarc Jazz)

The Reigning Sound The Mystery Girls (In the Red)

Alan Replica (ex-MASQ member) Clockworks, Juliet (Ninth Wave)

S.M.D. Hatefed (Six Weeks)

Janis Siegel Sketches of Broadway (Telarc Jazz)

Patti Smith trampin’ (ICE #205) (Columbia)

Strategy Drumsolo’s Delight (Kranky)

Sweet Apple Pie Between the Lines (Not Lame)

Sweetback (Sade’s backing band) Stage 2 (Epic)

Tarika Beasts, Ghosts and Dancing with History (Artemis)

Otis Taylor Double V (ICE #205) (Telarc Jazz)

Tiles Window Dressing (Inside Out)

Tracy + the Plastics Culture for Pigeon (w/bonus DVD; ICE #205) (Troubleman Unlimited)

Turk (ex-Cash Money and Hot Boys, aka Tab Virgil) Penitentiary Chances (Koch)

Kim Waters In the Name of Love (ICE #205) (Shanachie)

Dale Watson Dreamland (Koch)

Paul Wertico Stereonucleosis (A440)

Keith Fullerton Whitman Antithesis (limited edition) (Kranky)

VA American Idol: Season III (RCA)

VA Hayao Miyazaki (Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away two-fer) (Milan)

VA Spin the Bottle: A Tribute to Kiss (ICE #205; w/bonus DVD; features Dee Snider, Mark Slaughter, Page Hamilton, Buzz Osborne, Tommy Shaw and others) (Koch)

VA Women of Africa (Putumayo)

OST Godsend (Bryan Tyler) (Varèse Sarabande)

DVD Beyoncé Live at Wembley (Sony Urban/Columbia)

DVD Jane Olivor Safe Return (Image Entertainment)

DVD Audio Mannheim Steamroller Mannheim Meets the Mouse (Walt Disney)

SACD Gary Allan See If I Care (hybrid) (MCA Nashville)

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VELVET REVOLVER: Special Edition Of 'Contraband' Cancelled
Source:Blabbermouth

According to MusicTAP.net, the previously announced special and limited edition of VELVET REVOLVER's "Contraband" CD, featuring a bonus DVD, has now been officially cancelled. No reason was given for the cancellation.

In other news, the bonus track "Bodies" (originally written and recorded by the SEX PISTOLS) will be included on both the European and Japanese editions of "Contraband" and not only on the U.K. version as previously reported. The Japanese release is scheduled for June 2 while the European/Australian is scheduled for June 7.

VELVET REVOLVER — who've only played one show before (last year in Los Angeles) — recently shot a video for the album's first single, "Slither", with director Kevin Kerslake (NIRVANA, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, IGGY POP). Look for the "Slither" video to premiere Thursday, April 29 at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific as part of MTV2's "Makes The Video".

VELVET REVOLVER will embark on a North American tour beginning on May 13 in St. Louis, Missouri.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lollapalooza Lineup Takes Shape
Source: Billboard
Broken Social Scene, the Walkmen, the Killers, the Von Bondies, Secret Machines, Bumblebeez, Sahara Hotnights, Danger Mouse and the Datsuns have been added to this summer's Lollapalooza festival, Billboard.com has learned. The tour will kick off July 14 outside Seattle and will feature its first two-day lineup.

One night's lineup will sport the above bands as well as Morrissey, Sonic Youth, Le Tigre, PJ Harvey, Modest Mouse and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. The second night includes String Cheese Incident, Gomez, Flaming Lips, the Thrills, the Polyphonic Spree, the Coup, Sound Tribe Sector 9, Elbow, Wheat and Dresden Dolls. DJ Peretz (tour co-founder Perry Farrell) will perform with both bills.

Not all acts will play all shows and additional bands are expected to be added.

The tour will head to Mountain View, Calif., after the opening two-night stint outside Seattle. Tickets for a July 17-18 stand at Shoreline Amphitheatre go on sale Sunday (May 2) via Ticketmaster. Reserved seats will sell for $49.50, with lawn tickets priced at $29.50. Fans can purchase two-day lawn tickets for $50.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SCOTT WEILAND Threatens Magazine Writer Over CD Review

VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland has slammed Maxim magazine writer Jon Caramanica over his review of the group's debut album, "Contraband", stating — among other things — that Caramanica "knows about as much about me and my legal situation as he does about our music." Read on for Caramanica's brief review of the CD and Weiland's venomous reply, as posted on VELVET REVOLVER's official web site, VelvetRevolver.com:

Jon Caramanica for Maxim magazine, May 2004:

"Say you're the guns behind GUNS N' ROSES and you need a frontman to replace eyebrowless loony tune Axl Rose. Where to turn? Obviously trolling rehab centers and bus stations, Slash and the guys found their man: former STONE TEMPLE PILOT and career fuckup Scott Weiland! What could go wrong? Ignoring the offstage drama and giving 'Contraband' a listen, we have to say ... not a damned thing. Although Rose was all maniac energy and Weiland is more boozy charm, 'Contraband' sounds like these guys have been mainlining 'Appetite for Destruction'. At first Weiland clearly struggles to keep up ('Sucker Train Blues'), but he finds his groove over the brash guitars and brawny drums. On 'Dirty Little Thing', he knowingly sings, 'Get away from the man who's stealing your life/Get away from the drugs you're taking.' He sounds like a man ready to slow down, yet he's as reinvigorated as his new mates. Welcome back to the jungle, guys."

From Scott Weiland to Jon Caramanica:

"In his review of our album 'Contraband', Jon Caramanica of MAXIM knows about as much about me and my legal situation as he does about our music. The article mentions my legal status which states that I will be eligible for release from rehab in July. Sorry to break your heart and take the wind from your sails but I was sprung from rehab on the 22nd of April. Now Jon, Jon, Jon — come on now — my 'boozy' charm? Unless you were born yesterday you would know I was a dope fiend, not a boozer. Let's just get down to it Jon, this album sounds nothing like 'Appetite' and you know nothing about me, so if you're gonna make a record 'Album of the Month' then stop the punk-ass back-handed comments!

"Let's meet up face-to-face and see just how 'boozy' I am in person — when I get 'manic' on your ass motherfucker!"

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VELVET REVOLVER: Letterman Appearance Planned, THE WHO Dates A Possibility

VELVET REVOLVER, the newly formed supergroup featuring former members of GUNS N' ROSES and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, are tentatively scheduled to perform live on CBS' "The Late Show With David Letterman" on Monday, May 24. In addition, the band — whose debut CD, "Contraband", is set to drop June 8 — have been offered four East Coast dates with THE WHO in August.

VELVET REVOLVER will unofficially launch their North American tour with an unannounced May 9 appearance at the Roxy in West Hollywood, California. The tour is scheduled to kick off on May 13 at the Pageant in St. Louis, Missouri.

Although several VELVET REVOLVER dates have been leaked beyond the June 8 show at the Wiltern Theatre, they have yet to be formally announced — reportedly because each leg of the tour has to be cleared by a judge in connection with singer Scott Weiland's probation stemming from his May 2003 drug arrest.

In related news, VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and wife Perla are expecting their second child, Cash Anthony Hudson, on June 22. A huge baby shower is scheduled in Los Angeles on May 30. The couple have a two-year-old son, London.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GUNS N' ROSES: VH1 Documentary To Air In June

VH1 is reportedly working on a "Behind the Music"-style documentary covering the early days of GUNS N' ROSES. Among the people that are set to contribute to the project are original members Slash, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler, plus Tom Zutaut (former A&R executive at Geffen Records), Josh Richman (video director), Teddy Andreadis (keyboard player), Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION, ex-RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Warren De Martini (ex-RATT), Gilby Clark (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Mike Clink (GNR producer). The documentary is scheduled to air first week in June, followed a week later by "The Making of Velvet Revolver", a behind-the-scenes look at how Slash and Duff's new band, VELVET REVOLVER, got constructed, from the songwriting process to the singer search and studio sessions. More information will be made available soon.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FRED DURST: LIMP BIZKIT Did Not Get Dropped
LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Hey there, peeps, it's me, Fred. I am writing to say hello and to fill you in on a couple things. So first off, hello hello hello hello!! I hope you're making the most of your time on earth!! And second, I want to address some stupid-ass rumors I've been hearing some morons on the web throwing around.

"LIMP BIZKIT is not breaking up for any reason. As a matter of fact something is getting ready to happen and things will be stronger than ever before. We are playing some TV show on may 11 then going on a US tour the end of June, then writing a new album, then going to Europe. Lots a stuff ahead. And I also heard some rumor of getting dropped from a label or something. Man, don't sound too ignorant. LIMP has done very very well for ourselves and our label and we would never leave and they would never dream of getting rid of us. It's weird to hear silly shit like that from some poser with a keyboard.

"Anyway, my blog is not on the LIMP site because it is more layers of my mind that aren't directly connected to LIMP BIZKIT. I made that site as a place to reflect and express myself whenever I felt like it. Sometimes I don't want to take my frustrations, fears, or troubles out on the LIMP site. I made American Aliens a place specifically for that. It has all of the senses floating around there and I am loving the positive postings from all of the visitors. It was time for this. So just know LIMP BIZKIT is LIMP BIZKIT and American Aliens is me and you. It's not very hard to grasp.

"Every day my mind and soul are expanding. It feels frightening [and at] the same time exciting. I want to share it with someone. Now let's get back to BIZKIT. That's where you are now remember? :eek:) eveloution is in full effect."

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DOKKEN: 'Hell to Pay' Track Listing Finalized, Audio Samples Posted Online

DOKKEN have finalized the track listing for their new album, "Hell To Pay", due on July 13 through Sanctuary Records. As previously reported, the recording line-up on "Hell To Pay" is as follows: Don Dokken (vocals), Jon Levin (guitar, ex-WARLOCK), Barry Sparks (bass, TED NUGENT, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, MSG) and Mick Brown (drums).

"Hell To Pay" (view cover here) track listing:

01. The Last Goodbye
02. Don't Bring Me Down
03. Escape
04. Haunted
05. Prozac Nation
06. Care For You
07. Better Off Before
08. Still I'm Sad
09. I Surrender
10. Letter To Home
11. Can You See
12. Care For You (Unplugged Version)

Audio clips of the tracks "The Last Goodbye", "Escape" and "Prozac Nation" can be downloaded at this link.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JERRY CANTRELL Performs ZEPPELIN Cover On 'CMT Crossroads'

According to CMT.com, former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell performed an "enthusiastic" cover of LED ZEPPELIN's "Rock and Roll" at the conclusion of last week's taping of "CMT Crossroads", featuring country singer Wynonna and rock band HEART. The invitation-only concert, which took place Thursday night (April 29) in Nashville at Belmont University, opened with Wynonna's Top 10 hit "Girls With Guitars", followed by several of her solo hits, HEART's classic rock songs and a selection from the band's upcoming studio album. The episode is scheduled to debut in July.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
VELVET REVOLVER: 'Slither' Video Posted Online

VELVET REVOLVER's video for "Slither", the first single off their upcoming "Contraband" debut, is available for viewing on the MTV.com web site at this link.

As previously reported, the "Slither" clip, which was directed by Kevin Kerslake (NIRVANA, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, SONIC YOUTH), follows club kids as they chase through underground tunnels in search of the rock band. The catacomb scenes were shot last month in the Czech Republic, while the performance scenes were filmed in Los Angeles in early April.

VELVET REVOLVER will embark on a North American tour beginning on May 13 in St. Louis, Missouri. A "secret" gig at The Roxy in West Hollywood, California is planned for Sunday, May 9.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Former GUNS N' ROSES Members Sue AXL ROSE Over Control Of Songs

Former GUNS N' ROSES members Slash (guitar) and Duff McKagan (bass) have filed a lawsuit against the band's lead singer, Axl Rose, claiming he ripped them off to the tune of at least a million dollars, according to Celebrity Justice.

In the suit, Duff and Slash claim Rose doesn't have any controlling interest in the songs, but they say he killed deals that would have put their tunes in a half dozen movies, including "Just Married", "We Were Soldiers", "Death to Smoochie" and "Old School". In addition, Rose allegedly squashed a deal to allow the producers of the movie "Black Hawk Down" to use the band's huge hit, "Welcome to the Jungle" in the film. Instead, he wanted to re-record it, thereby allegedly cheating his ex-band mates out of the licensing fee.

David Powell, who runs "The Music Bridge", a company that deals with music rights for movies, told Celebrity Justice: "Licensing is very important for any band or any artist that gets out there in popular culture.

"There are many income streams that can be generated from the songs, as well as the master recordings, for years and sometimes generations to come."

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JERRY CANTRELL, BILLY DUFFY Jam With SAMMY HAGAR At Cabo Wabo Launch
Ted Nugent, Jerry Cantrell (ALICE IN CHAINS), Billy Duffy (THE CULT) and Ronnie Montrose were among the guest performers with Sammy Hagar and his band THE WABORITAS at the launch of Hagar's first stateside Cabo Wabo Cantina in Harveys Resort Casino in Lake Tahoe, Nevada this past weekend. Check put pictures from Wire Image.
Guest performance highlights included Toby Keith with "I Love This Bar", Ted Nugent with "Cat Scratch Fever" and "Route 66", Jerry Cantrell and Billy Duffy with "Man in the Box" and "Whole Lotta Zep" (a montage of LED ZEPPELIN songs) and Ronnie Montrose with "Rock Candy".

Sunday's show began with a sit-down acoustic set. Joining Sammy were the WABORITAS bassist Mona, percussionist David Lauser and guitarist Vic Johnson along Johnny Hiland. Toby Keith performed "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Can't You See". Bob Weir came out and joined for "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" and "The Weight". Jerry Cantrell performed "No Excuses" and "Finish What You Started".

CARDBOARD VAMPYRES, the new band featuring Jerry Cantrell and Billy Duffy along with THE CULT bassist Chris Wyse and ex-MÖTLEY CRÜE vocalist John Corabi, will perform at Tahoe Wabo this Wednesday evening, May 5.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KI$$: 'Love Gun' Figure Boxed Set Photos Posted Online

McFarlane Toy$ has announced plans to release a KI$$ "Love Gun" deluxe boxed set in August. "This boxed set features all four members of the band and a beautifully crafted stage base," reads a posting at Ki$$Online.com. "Together, the set virtually re-creates the classic 'Love Gun' album in three-dimensional detail. The band members' poses, their facial expressions and positions on the stage, the, uh, extra eye candy on the base itself, it's all here." View photos of the set at this link.

Tempe, Arizona-based McFarlane Toy$ has several successful music lines, including OZZY OSBOURNE, THE BEATLES' "Yellow Submarine", METALLICA, JIM MORRISON, IRON MAIDEN's "Eddie", ROB ZOMBIE, JANIS JOPLIN, ANGUS YOUNG and JERRY GARCIA. The company also produces figures from movies and sports.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Former VAN HALEN Singer DAVE LEE ROTH Attends 'Diamond Mine': Photos Available

Former VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth was on hand as Rebecca Weinberg and Gotham magazine hosted "Diamond Mine" on Thursday (April 29) at Tourneau Time Machine in New York City. Check out pictures from Wire Image.
As previously reported, Roth recently signed an exclusive European distribution deal with the U.K.'s Demolition Records. Roth's current CD, "Diamond Dave", is set for a late May European release, with David looking to do live shows throughout the continent in support of the album towards the end of the year. More information will be made available soon.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FRED DURST To Launch Clothing Line? - May 3, 2004

The New York Post is reporting that LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst is planning on launching a line of clothing on the cable shopping network QVC, joining the ranks of Kathy Hilton and Suzanne Sommers. No further information is available at this time.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New CD Releases 5/4

Ryan Adams Love Is Hell (two-EP combo; ICE #200/201/206) (Lost Highway)

Atomship Crash of 47 (Wind-Up)

The Beta Band Heroes to Zeros (ICE #206) (Astralwerks)

Beyond the Embrace Insect Song (Metal Blade)

Big $ Rich Horse of a Different Color (ICE #206) (Warner Bros.)

Black Cat Music October, November (Lookout!)

Blueprint Car Crash Rhetoric of a Marionette (EP) (Militia Group)

Bo-Keys The Royal Sessions (ICE #205) (Yellow Dog)

Brandtson Send Us a Signal (Militia Group)

Broken Spindles fulfilled/complete (ICE #206) (Saddle Creek)

Buddahead Crossing the Invisible Line (Sanctuary)

Chris Cook Small Town Gone (Gaff Music)

David Cross It’s Not Funny (Sub Pop)

Peter DiStefano (ex-Porno for Pyros) Gratitude (Sanctuary)

DJ Whoo Kid Double Glocks (Capitol)

Eliane Elias Dreamer (ICE #206) (Bluebird)

Ricky Fanté Rewind (Virgin)

Amy Farris Anyway (ICE #205) (Yep Roc)

Five Eight Five Eight (Five Eight)

Flaw Endangered Species (Republic/Universal)

Rosie Flores Single Rose (Durango Rose)

Flynn In Like Flynn (Illect)

French Kicks The Trial of the Century (Star Time International)

Diamond Jim Greene Snapshots (ICE #206) (Cooling Board)

Guitar Shorty Watch Your Back (Alligator)

Happiness Factor Avoid Danger (Paisley Pop)

Patterson Hood (of Drive-by Truckers) Killers & Stars (New West)

The Icarus Line Penance Soiree (V2)

Infinite Livez Bush Meat (Big Dada)

Informatik Re:vision (Metropolis)

Jackpot F+ (Surfdog)

Carolyn Dawn Johnson Dress Rehearsal (Arista)

JP Jones Jeremiah (ICE #206) (Vision Company)

Eyvind Kang Virginal Coordinates (w/Mike Patton) (Ipecac)

Angélique Kidjo Oyaya! (ICE #205) (Columbia)

Patti Labelle Timeless Journey (Def Jam)

Oliver Lake Steel Quartet (Passin’ Thru)

Mark Lane Golden State of Mind (w/Jellyfish’s Jason Falkner; ICE #205) (Orange Deuce)

k.d. lang Hymns from the 49th Parallel (all Canadian songwriters) (Warner Bros.)

James Last Spring Fling (Eagle Rock)

Kimberly Locke (from American Idol) One Love (Curb)

Lola Ray I Don’t Know You (D.C. Flag/Epic)

Los Lobos The Ride (w/Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, Ruben Blades, Bobby Womack, Mavis Staples and Richard Thompson; ICE #205) (Mammoth)

Joe Lovano I’m All for You: Ballad Songbook (ICE #206) (Metro Blue/Blue Note)

Magnetic Fields i (ICE #205) (Nonesuch/Atlantic)

Jennifer Marks Jennifer Marks (Bardic)

John Arthur Martinez Lone Starry Night (DualTone)

Michael McDermott Ashes (w/members of Goo Goo Dolls and Whiskeytown) (Pauper Sky)

David Mead Indiana (Nettwerk)

Mirah C’mon Miracle (ICE #205) (K)

Mission of Burma ONoffON (w/Bob Weston; ICE #204) (Matador)

Múm Summer Make Good (Fatcat)

Willie Nelson Live at Billy Bob’s Texas (CD/DVD combo; ICE #205) (Smith Music Group)

The Never The Never (MoRisen)

Not Long After Tomorrow Come Save Us (New School)

OCS (Coachwhips’ John Dwyer) 2 (Narnack)

Open Road In the Life (Rounder)

Outlie (members of Good Riddance and Downset) Companions to Devils and Saints (Porterhouse)

The Peacocks It’s Time for... (Asian Man)

Matt Pond PA Emblems (Altitude)

Pip Pyle’s Bash Belle Illusion (Cuneiform)

Vernon Reid & Masque Known Unknown (ICE #206) (Favored Nations)

Jonathan Rice Trouble Is Real (Reprise)

Lionel Richie Just for You (ICE #206) (Island)

Seabound Poisonous Friend (EP) (Metropolis)

Steriogram Schmack! (Capitol)

Swarm Enter the Hive (Taciturn)

Systems Officer (Zach from Pinback and Three Mile Pilot) Systems Officer (Ace Fu)

The Divine Comedy Absent Friends (Nettwerk)

Michael Tolcher I Am (Octone)

Torchbearer Yersinia Pestis (Metal Blade)

Univers Zero Implosion (Cuneiform)

University of Errors (w/ Soft Machine’s David Allen) Jet Propelled Photographs (Cuneiform)

Armand Van Helden New York: A Mix Odyssey (w/classic tracks by Blondie, Felix da Housecat and others) (Tommy Boy)

Vision Divine Stream of Consciousness (Metal Blade)

Matthew Von Doran In This Present Moment (BCAT)

Jim White Drill a Hole in That Substrate and Tell Me What You See (ICE #206) (Luaka Bop)

The Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed (Sanctuary)

VA The Buzz (Razor & Tie)

VA Power of Soul - A Tribute to Hendrix (unreleased material by Stevie Ray Vaughan, Prince, Eric Clapton, George Clinton and Bootsy Collins; ICE #205) (Experience Hendrix)

VA Shanti Project Collection 3 (ICE #206) (Badman)

VA Totally Hits 2004, Vol. 1 (BMG Heritage/Warner)

VA Tha Truth (Razor & Tie)

OST Van Helsing (Alan Silvestri) (Decca)

DVD Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues: Godfathers & Sons, Red, White & Blues and The Road to Memphis (Hip-O/UME)

DVD Celine Dion CBS Special (live CD & DVD) (Epic)

DVD John Oates Live at the Historic Wheeler Opera House (w/bonus live CD; ICE #206) (Phunk Shui/dke)

DVD Ween Live in Chicago (w/bonus CD) (Sanctuary)

SACD Henry Kaiser and Wadada Leo Smith Yo Miles! - Sky Garden (two-disc hybrid; w/covers of Miles Davis songs from 1969-75) (Cuneiform)

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GUNS N' ROSES: Ex-Bassist DUFF MCKAGAN Declines To Participate In VH1 Special

Former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan has declined to participate in the upcoming VH1 documentary covering the early days of GUNS N' ROSES, BLABBERMOUTH.NET has exclusively learned. McKagan's non-participation in the "Behind the Music"-style show leaves Slash (guitars) and Steven Adler (drums) as the only original members of the group who have opted to actively co-operate with the show's producers. As previously reported, other people that are expected to contribute to the project are Tom Zutaut (former A&R executive at Geffen Records), Josh Richman (video director), Teddy Andreadis (keyboard player), Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION, ex-RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Warren De Martini (ex-RATT), Gilby Clark (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Mike Clink (GNR producer). The documentary is scheduled to air first week in June, followed a week later by "The Making of Velvet Revolver", a behind-the-scenes look at how Slash and Duff's new band, VELVET REVOLVER, got constructed, from the songwriting process to the singer search and studio sessions. More information will be made available soon.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SCOTT WEILAND Says STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Ended With Backstage Brawl

Former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland has admitted to Launch that the group's breakup wasn't quite as amicable as previously reported. Weiland, who is currently fronting VELVET REVOVER, told Launch that he and guitarist Dean DeLeo nearly came to blows while on tour behind their final album, "Shangri-La Dee Da".

"We had really imploded at the end of our last tour," Scott said. "Things sort of ended in a backstage brawl between Dean and I. It was rather nasty. The last show of the tour, Dean and I got into a fight backstage, and I threw a punch at his face, and it was stopped about an inch from his nose by our tour manager."

The members of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS went their own ways after that, but Weiland told Launch that he and DeLeo made peace after running into each other earlier this year in Hollywood, California. "I eventually wrote a letter to Dean apologizing for my side of the street, and he came out and we talked. We kissed, and hugged, and all that kind of, you know, nice, fuzzy, good stuff, and kind of patched things up. So that's all good. That's kind of where things are at there."

VELVET REVOLVER, which also includes former GUNS N' ROSES members Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum, will release their debut album, "Contraband", on June 8. The band kick off their first tour on May 13 in St. Louis.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts