3fingers said:
Very convincing ED tone!! I think you did a great job on the tune!! :icon_thum
yeah, i gotta agree with everything 3fingers said..... i liked it bro:icon_thum

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Twofistedalesman said:
Tone, vibe, energy are all :icon_thum good. Sounds more like Eddie's modern tone. Is that a 5150?
Thanks, the guitar was a 5150 replica the amp was a Modded Plexi
Rol.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wahwah said:
Sounds great...I'm still thankin' ya for your 1984 tone which I pretty much use on everything! Check the cover of 'Hot For Teacher I did with Van Man some weeks ago-the tone is pretty close. :rock:
Your quite welcome, although this ATBL tone was not the POD , but yea I slaved on the 84' tone , I listened to HFT and HOP for hours in the headphones back and forth from the POD to the stereo phones and I think I nailed it as close as you can get, I did a HFT using it too maybe I'll post it here in the near future.
Back to the 84' tone, you would not believe the people that don't know Eds tone is not that hot, and actually quite stringy on that record as it should be using flying V's and such . If folks would judt give a good listen they would realize EVH in the old days was not that distorted at all like he became during FUCK and Balance etc. just my 2 cents.
Rol.

btw too bad I couldn't get the Fair warning tone I tried twice as long on that but I just couldn't get it,

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mr Crumb said:
Sounds good Rols. You say a modded Plexi. Do you mean a modded Plexi reissue?

What kind of mods were done on it?

Ed
yea A modded Plexi reissue 50 watter, it was done by Mark Cameron and to be truthfull I have no clue what he did, I know there are 2 push pull pots 2 channels a bass boost and a master, oh and an FX loop was added.
Rol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.