Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what free software people used to manipulate their music files? I am sure I am not the only one who has been happily using program A for someone to suggest I try program B and to find that B is so much better than A and I have been wasting my time with an inferior product as B does twice as much twice as quickly.
Here are the programs I use:
VLC Media Player to play audio / video
Mp3tag by Florian Heidenreich to add metadata tags to my music files
Medieval CUE Splitter to split single file albums into the individual tracks where a .cue file is provided
Audacity to split when I don't have a .cue
Pazera Free Audio Extractor to extract the sound from a video file and to convert audio tracks to another format
and lastly iTunes for purely comedy purposes when I want a good laugh that anyone would touch it with a bargepole!

I am not saying that the above are the best you will find, but I find them all good programs and easy to use (except Audacity, which seems a bit complex / complicated)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts