Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am after a budget soundcard - in the price range of a delta-44 or terratec dmx 6fire. I like the terratecs breakout box (as I am fed up with fucking about with the back of the pc lol).

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am using a Creative Audigy2 with breakout box.. works great for me, but the hardcore home recorders will tell you it's crap! I actually considered the terratec as well and can't remember the reason why I didn't buy it.. I think I read that it didn't work too well with Cakewalk.. if I remember correctly, it doesn't have a very good built in synth either..

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same here wahwah

thanks people, there are some good suggestions here and I have just been told a mia-midi is another one to look into. I am still thinking about the terratec - I can get it very cheap from a german supplier. And although it's midi is suspect I have an audigy card for soundfonts and don't really use midi these days ....

I am confused

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
i use a Soundblaster Audigy LZ and just leave the cables connected to the back of the PC...so when I want to play, I switch on the line in or mic settings and go...total cost..about $80 U.S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts