Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys .. lately i've been growing really sick of all the music i listen to . and i wasj ust wondering what do you guys recommend i listen to for something new ? ... i love van halen (of course) but i also love jazz as well !

what's your favourite guitar album atm ? ?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Ive recently rekindled my relationship with the doors. Robbie Krieger does some great guitar work, always tasteful and never self indulgent.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Actually, i guess the doors albums wouldnt really count as guitar albums.......would they? I've been listening to '...and justice for all' by metallica alot lately as well.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
I've been reconnecting with older stuff myself.

I bought Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell, their album with Dio . Amazing stuff. There isn't one weak tune in this one. A true pleasure to listen to, with the best metal vocalist of all time in my opinion. This also allows me to truly understand Tommy Iomi's talent on the guitar.

Also I've been looking into Rainbow. I downloaded a few tunes, but need to get a CD collection going.

I guess I must be in my Ritchie Blackmore period. I downloaded a couple of songs from Blackmore's Night, his current solo project with his wife on vocals. I really dig that old, renaissance accoustic stuff he's been doing for the last few years. I may pickup his latest opus.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
CanyonCarver said:
I've been reconnecting with older stuff myself.

I bought Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell, their album with Dio . Amazing stuff. There isn't one weak tune in this one. A true pleasure to listen to, with the best metal vocalist of all time in my opinion. This also allows me to truly understand Tommy Iomi's talent on the guitar.

Also I've been looking into Rainbow. I downloaded a few tunes, but need to get a CD collection going.

I guess I must be in my Ritchie Blackmore period. I downloaded a couple of songs from Blackmore's Night, his current solo project with his wife on vocals. I really dig that old, renaissance accoustic stuff he's been doing for the last few years. I may pickup his latest opus.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kick ass album! My band is contemplating adding "Neon Knights" to our "Heavy" set. we already have another Dio tune, "The Mob Rules".

If you find a backing track for "Neon Knights", I would love to work with you on it as a duel guitar project. Shoot me a PM if interested

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Being a Jazz buff i'd say you should check out:
All Blues~Miles Davis
Charlie Parker and Strings
Coltrane~Blue Trane or Giant Steps
Blue Flame~Woody Herman
Four Brothers~Woody Herman featuring Stan Getz

Guitar albums:
Audioslave
Damn Cheetah~Primal
Living Colour~Colliedoscope
Aerosmith~Young Lust Anthology
STP~Thank You
Pantera~Best Of
Ozzy Live in Japan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Another poster listed Shadows Fall. They have a very serious, two guitar attack ala old school metal but with a bit of Zakk Wylde in there. I like some of the newer stuff like Disturbed, PULSE ULTRA. George Lynch and Jeff Pilson put out a pretty decent effort with the Lynch Pilson project.

I have been enjoying old rock like Ted Nugent, Def Leppard, RATT and old Ozzie. I really like Jake E. Lee.

Bob

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I forgot all about the Lynch/Pilson project. George also released Revolution by the Lynch Mob last year, and that cd has some pretty heavy stuff on there.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[ QUOTE ]
aussiejoe said:
Hi,

Check out Robin Ford "Blue Moon" easy to listen to and great guitar work
Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

dude i checked that album out and it's fuckin amazing i love it ! thanks heaps !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts