Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hey there...i'd trade the wolfgang for another strat...i've tried the wolfie...it's just not my thing...it doesn't feel right... :scif890:

p.s. i've also tried out the stevie ray vaughan strat...i thought i'd like it because i like srv's music...but...nope...that doesn't feel right either...so i'm not just down on other brands of guitars...as you can see...not all strats are the same... :werd:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
I'd own a Historic 1959 Lefthanded Gibson Les paul and I dont mean reissue,,, same guitar the Billy Gibbons owns. My second guitar would be a 80's lefthanded Charvel San Dimas Strat.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
mondola said:
I dunno, probably a Zakk Wylde Les Paul....
I gotta go with Mondo.....a Wolf standard and a LP will cover you with about anything.

I have a Wolf and a LP...but it's not a Zakk.:D

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would get the ESP KH-202 signature model.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's between the Guyton Brian May Red Special or a JEM. Both have a screaming appearance and sound to me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would like to have some good Les Paul, maybe the newish Jimmy Page signature.

Why the other should be a Wolfgang? I don't have any exerience of them.
If I could choose antoher one, I'll maybe take a Flaxwood.
What's that, you propably ask. It's a brand new Finnish guitar, made totally from linen fibre instead of wood. It's feather light to hold and play and plays beutifully. Looks really beutiful too.
They are so new that the pricing is not settled yet. I played an test model which shall be priced maybe 1500 euros, that's about $2000. There will be also one slightly cheaper model and one more expensive, they told me in local music store.

http://www.flaxwood.com/main.site?action=siteupdate/view&id=2&set_language=eng

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
If I had a Wolfgang (emerald green or purple please! :D), I would built one myself from Warmoth parts. Swamp ash strat body, birdseye all maple neck, fat back profile, Fender style fret, Sperzel tuners, vintage black tremolo with no bar, 1 Duncan JB (white coils), 2 p90 style single coils, black pickguard and maybe a reliced white finish.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mine would probably be a Gibson Les Paul & an Ibanez Jem.

Both are lovely guitars and both sound amazing when set up right through the right hardware.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts