Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to the Live at the 10 Spot show the other night. I was thinking, "hey that is me in there going nuts in that show!" (we are a rowdy bunch in Sydney) Then it dawned on me, I was a part of a Van Halen Bootleg show! How cooooool.

Now all you Bootleg collectors and Van Halen fans, can you name a Bootleg show that YOU were a part of. What show was it that you witnessed and now maybe listen to again to relive the magic of the occasion. I am sure there a few 2004 tour shows many of you may now appear in, but is there anyone who may have been at those shows way back when?

RHRN 1992 tour
M.O.R 1988
US Festival 83"
Largo 82"
Gazzaris 74' (now that would be impressive)

Now is your chance to claim, "oh yeh I was at that show and it smoked!"

·
Registered
67 Posts
It wasn't a bootleg, but do you remember the 1991 music video for Top of the World. Not the space one, but the live performance one that was on MTV a few times. It was shot at Cal Expo Amp, Sacramento, CA in Sept 1991. I was there and they shot the crowd in the video, but it's tough to make out actual people.

I was at the 8/24/1993 show again at Cal Expo, Sacramento, CA. There is a dvd boot of this show, but it is pretty rough. I need to get a copy of that show again to see if I can find myself.

OFF Topic, but do you guys remember those girls from all those Def Leppard videos, Pour Some Sugar On Me & Armegeddon It. It was shot at a live show in Denver, CO, 1988, I swear those chicks were on MTV 10 times a day every day for about a year. Made them famous.

Jeff
Sacramento

·
MOON RULES!
450 Posts
I collect alot of Motley bootlegs.. mainly detroit audio and videos.. i been at just about every crue show since 85 here. and have a video boot of each one....i recorded some Kiss shows here on my own but they are shitty.......i was at the taping of Poisons RIDE THE WIND video which was from their Detroit 91 show....umm lets see.. cant think of anything else......

·
Yankees Suck!
574 Posts
The only ones I can think of are the F.U.C.K. tour the day before Holloween in Worcester, the 2 Worcester 2004 shows, and the first Iron Maiden US date in July of 2003, and the Godsmack live DVD filmed in Worcester.

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of that Maiden show at the Centrum in July 2003, I would be so greatful. I was working the barricade that night (between the stage and front row), so I might be in some of the shots (if the screen caps that I've seen are correct).

G

·
Van Halen:

Ottawa - 1995
Montreal - 1995 (I've actually got a copy of this one.
)
Toronto - 2004 (doubt I could see myself, though)
Montreal - 2004

Anybody have copies of the other one's, please let me know. I was 6th row for Montreal and 4th for Ottawa. Both of those on the Balance tour, of course. I'm SURE I could spot myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
atomicpunk5151 said:
It wasn't a bootleg, but do you remember the 1991 music video for Top of the World. Not the space one, but the live performance one that was on MTV a few times. It was shot at Cal Expo Amp, Sacramento, CA in Sept 1991. I was there and they shot the crowd in the video, but it's tough to make out actual people.

I was at the 8/24/1993 show again at Cal Expo, Sacramento, CA. There is a dvd boot of this show, but it is pretty rough. I need to get a copy of that show again to see if I can find myself.

OFF Topic, but do you guys remember those girls from all those Def Leppard videos, Pour Some Sugar On Me & Armegeddon It. It was shot at a live show in Denver, CO, 1988, I swear those chicks were on MTV 10 times a day every day for about a year. Made them famous.

Jeff
Sacramento
I was at the 91 top of the world show. I don't think i'm in the video but i'm at the show!

I'm in a bootleg of Tesla's Uncasville 05 DVD... I'm in the 2nd row and during the end of the long guitar solo Frank Hannon sees me there and nods and with a big old smile on his face he comes over at the end of the song and tosses his pick over to me. I was cheating since I had a Frank Hannon guitar shirt on but anyways he got a kick out of seeing me at the show and I got a kick out of getting the DVD bootleg of it all.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Metallica - Toronto April 14, 1992

Iron Maiden - Toronto June 17, 1992

Van Halen - Toronto August 18/19 1995 recorded for Pay Per View. You can actually see me carrying the banner that said "VT in T.O. two nights in a Row" and Sammy read it out loud. I still have the banner/bed sheet.

Van Halen - Toronto August 26, 1998

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Toronto Yonge Street, July 22, 1999

Dream Theater - Toronto March 25, 2004 (Bootleg and Video)

Van Halen - Toronto July 3, 2004 (you can see me in the pictures on the boot)

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
The only one i'm sure of is the '83 US festival....was there all three day's!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
me

I was at the taping of "Order of the Universe" by Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe Hampton Coliseum 1989

I was at LIVE AID August 1985... my friend Travis is on screen for about 2minutes on-and off during Bryan Adams we were stage right behind the blue panel truck about 25 yards back

KING Crimson - 930 Club November 2000 during "World's my Oyster" you can here me say loudly "YOU KNOW" during one of the breaks, even though I didnt tape it.

·
Super Moderator
37,306 Posts
I was at:
Robert Plant Worcester 1985
David Lee Roth Worcester 1986
Roger Waters Worcester 1987
Stryper Worcester 1988
Rosh Worcester 1990
Yes Worcester 1991
Stryper Boston 2009
*** I'm not sure if I'm actually on the recordings.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was at the show that became Joe Cocker Live (in Lowell MA). They planned on recording two nights. It turns out the first show, the one I went to, was so good that they kept only that show for the mainstream release!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts