Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...Im new here and this is my first thread on this fantastic forum...so i would like to have your opinion on this two amps...

PS Im from Croatia so I apologies on any english grammar error :grin:

·
Registered
442 Posts
i dont know much about the blues jr, but when i was shopping i compared the peavy classic 30 with the hot rod deluxe which is probably a more fair comparison. in this case i chose the fender but the cheap tubes lasted 3 months :wutblau:see my other post "fender crapping out" i dont know what the peavey uses.but fender does not have the quality they used to. thin p.c. boards, particleboard etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
psymetal said:
i dont know much about the blues jr, but when i was shopping i compared the peavy classic 30 with the hot rod deluxe which is probably a more fair comparison. in this case i chose the fender but the cheap tubes lasted 3 months :wutblau:see my other post "fender crapping out" i dont know what the peavey uses.but fender does not have the quality they used to. thin p.c. boards, particleboard etc.
i tried ones the hot rod deluxe and i didnt like it...i played the blues jr. much more, and it has a sweet tone to me, very loud for a 15w amp...
the cheap tubes problem is very usual today...i had a marshall jcm2000 dsl401...nice sound, brilliant clean, good reverb, but the quality is another story ( rectifier cold solder problem, pc boards with low quality elements...), so i sold it...and bought a jcm800 '89 50w head :icon_cool
so im looking for this peavey classic 30, for home and small clubs use...so im divided between a new classic 30 and a used blues junior...

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I run one of the first model classic 50's. great amp with no problems whatsoever.... our shop sells classic 30s as fast as they hit the door. extremely reliable amps.
For a lil extra punch add a vintage 30 speaker or a greenback to really bring out its quality and tone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts