Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This song is based on the original release of Fool For Your Loving from 1980's Ready an' Willing album, not the later "hair metal" incarnation of the tune. This version was a big hit across Europe.

The crowd on the intro is from a Whitesnake show I was at, the end is based on the live version from that era.

This is one of the first songs I prepared a long while ago, it has a melody line included, but no guitars.

Let me know what you think of it.

Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've just listened to the "revised" version of the song and, as you observe, it's a tone sharp from the originally released song, the one I've based my version upon.

It's also a completely different song (the bridge and chorus particularly)! So this wouldn't mean simply re-recording it a tone sharp but re-writing the whole thing again from scratch (I seem to have lost the source files anyway). All for a version that loses the feeling of the original and has a surreal widdle fest in the middle, instead of the tasteful melodic solo - just my opinion.

So in summary I don't believe I'd invest the time to do a good job. You could always put this version through a pitch shifter.

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts