Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Crazy Admin
4,023 Posts
I think what batfish was trying to say is unless you really abuse the whammy bar you may as well get a standard kinda tremelo they can be set up to stay in tune fairly well and can with stand vibrato and small whammy works like that ...

personally i really like the floyd rose ... i take the bar out for long periods of time as i hardly use it and it's great the thing is rock solid with tuning .. thats why i like it .. i know i can pick it up pretty much any time of any day and it will be close if not perfectly in tune .. i love that !

Stig

· Crazy Admin
4,023 Posts
too true wiz ! >.

i must admit there are aspects of the floyd rose that gripe me .. one being that you bend a string and the others go out of tune .. so playing a bent double stop sounds weird compared to a normal strat or whatever .. .

string changing is a bit of a bitch too! .. but i'm sitll into em hehe

· Crazy Admin
4,023 Posts
guitarwizard2003 said:
well to be honest string changin is the thing i hated the most, but your right, bend one string and 2 others go out of tune.. just seemed to me like when ya change your strings it takes you twice as long to get them set in to where they stay in tune.. but you are right once they are in they pretty much stay in for a long time..maybe i just didnt know what i was doin and was doin sumthin wrong that could be the case but im spoiled now with this esp and i dont think i will ever go back to a floyd.. i mean unless your gonna play like vai and use the whammy 90% of the time i truely think theres better options
Nah your spot on wiz it does take twice as long to replace strings especially if your replacing all of them it's hell getting them all in tune and staying that way . :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.