Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4,025 Posts
mondola said:
I remember Ej before saying that you can set up a Floyd so that the other strings stay in tune when you bend a string. I can't understand how, but I've no doubt that he is right. I haven't got that patience though !

:thumb:
This is a bit of a complicated issue, but if a FR is set up perfectly, when you bend a string, the springs will pull it back to keep it ALMOST in tune...and really close enough for the most part.

If you want to bend the hell out of strings and have the others stay perfectly in tune while bending....the solution is simple. Block it from moving back...that way you can bend one any amount and the bridge will not move....hell you can even break a string or 2 and the others will stay in tune. With the FR blocked, you can even take all the strings off with no issues. From my experience a blocked FR will stay in tune better than a LP unless you have locking tuners.

Everything has it's pro's and con's...I suggest you get one of each if you can afford 2 guitars.:icon_thum

· Registered
4,025 Posts
RCM78 said:
I've allways used Floyds for one reason. THEY WORK!!!
They do work well, and if you ever needs parts, they are also easy to come by. I do however have an Edge Trem on my new Ibanez and it looks to be one hell of a trem. You don't have to cut the ball ends off, the string lays flat across the saddle before bending which might make the strings break less and it's really low profile...and most importantly....it looks really cool.:D

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.