Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reason why guitarists have long hair ?

I had hair 'till my shoulders but cut it off...
it just seems like all guitarists have long hair... look at Satriani !

·
Registered
431 Posts
SemiShred said:
Any reason why guitarists have long hair ?

I had hair 'till my shoulders but cut it off...
it just seems like all guitarists have long hair... look at Satriani !
Erm.....Look at Satriani NOW....Balder than Kojak!!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
keep mine short. i couldnt see to play if i had it long and hanging down in my face like some guys. :shock:

·
Registered
114 Posts
My principle made me cut mine :rant:

But now its down below my shoulders--she makes me ware it in a pony tail though so I look real feminine..o well

·
Registered
240 Posts
eh im growing mine, but I keep having to get it fixed in the back because the back grows twice as fast as the rest of it, and especially down the middle of the back.... its funny, eh, sorta

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have fairly curly hair down a little past my shoulders which I love while playing guitar, bass, drums, singing, or whatever else I do!!! But as you can tell for my name I am a DJ as well, and NOTHING is more of a pain in the ass than trying to wear DJing headphones with my big curly fro (well, it's not that big) I always end up putting it up in a bun. It looks retarded, but thats the only way it doesn't get in the way...

RandyRR5 How old are you? Or do you go to a private school with a dress code and all that? That'd suck to have to wear your hair up all the time! I'm proud of my long hair, and they fuck with me at work occasionally, but they can't do anything about it, so I flaunt it haha :rock:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
RandyRR5 said:
My principle made me cut mine :rant:

But now its down below my shoulders--she makes me ware it in a pony tail though so I look real feminine..o well
no comment... :icon_peac

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm growing mines atm, i've never had the balls to grow it before i usually allways got it cut after the 3rd month but im going onto my 5th month of growing it, & i'm 100% sure i will be successfull this time!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I like having long hair, cos it helps keep ya warm when its cold. It also looks very cool, and I always keep mine really clean. Dirty hair is just nasty.(So say the chicks!!! :) ) Girls lik a guy with long hair cause they can run thier fingers through it...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
heheh
my hair is almost down to my waist and has been for approx 20 years ;)
not gonna get it cut for nobody, it will follow me to my grave (if it doesnt all fall out sooner ;) )

you bet it ROCKS ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
DJ Snoo said:
RandyRR5 How old are you? Or do you go to a private school with a dress code and all that? That'd suck to have to wear your hair up all the time!
Im 14. and ya Im in private school:wutblau: and they make put my hair up or cut it

·
Registered
264 Posts
Anybody have any idea roughly how long it takes to grow your hair to your shoulders from short ?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
my friends have long hair and play in a glam band...the drummer was backstage putting on the lipstick he borrowed from his girlfriend...then he paused and realized out loud..."whoa...i put the makeup on WAY too fast"...he's actually better and quicker at putting the stuff on than his girlfriend...that's pretty scary...
i think he grows his hair long because he's in touch with his feminine side...it must be true because he never shuts up...!!!...(just jokin' eh)... :icon_thum

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
jimihendrix said:
the drummer was backstage putting on the lipstick he borrowed from his girlfriend...then he paused and realized out loud..."whoa...i put the makeup on WAY too fast"...he's actually better and quicker at putting the stuff on than his girlfriend...that's pretty scary...
I love that line from that movie "Rock Star": "I just keep putting it on until I want to fuck myself."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts