Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Man that was some nice tone and feel Axe! Love this post! I'm hearing this with fresh ears and I find very little reason that you should re-record it. Great work.:rock: :rock:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Can I just start by saying that 18 views and 1 view is fucking criminal. It really gets my goat when people take stuff and leave no comment...why would you not want to make some comment on a site that is about playing an instrument?

Rant over (parasites)...

Axe, this is very good. I thought the guitar could maybe have used a little bit more 'verb or a touch more delay. The tones are gorgeous and the playing is nice and restrained just like the original. Good work mate...don't let the lack of response get ya down.

:wutblau:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks wah...i remember thinking to give it some more reverb...but never did it...i may try a remix...as for comments, they mean alot if ya get em...i havent been around here in while so it cool...thanks Wahwah for your support!:thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
axeshredder said:
thanks wah...i remember thinking to give it some more reverb...but never did it...i may try a remix...as for comments, they mean alot if ya get em...i havent been around here in while so it cool...thanks Wahwah for your support!:thumb:
You been around ain't the point Axe...18 people decided to dl your cover. Strat and me commented but the others just took. If it's cool with you, no problemo but its the way of things round here at the moment.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Agreed m8 :)

Even if its just to say, Cool Job m8, a few words makes alot of difference.

I'm gob smacked at the quality of playing in this forum in general.
The Forum just ROX.

Cool playing there m8 :thumb:

stay cool
:mix: Bully

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Hey Joe, this is one of my top 10 all-time fave Satriani tunes. I have listened to this song at least 100 times all the way through. Sounds like you've got most of the song down. The original is a bit of a studio masterpiece, IMO, so I don't imagine this is an easy tune to replicate. Based on your past Satriani posts and what I know to be your potetnial in sounding like Joe, I would say that this is more along the lines of a good demo. I mean that as a compliment really, as I know that you possess the skills/talent to continue polishing this song up to get it sounding more like the original. But it stands on it's own as it is, for people who are not overly familiar with the original, and I enjoyed it. The thing that this is missing the most at this point is probably the countless harmonies that Satch has going along with the main melody. I think that developing those would really bring this recording close to the original. All-in-all I applaud you for tackling this one. i look forward to any progress you make on this tune. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks alot Bull......your right....at least a "cool" is sufficient it ya listen

and thanks KC.....yes its still in the "demo mode"...gonna let it sink in a week and it should flow better.....the subtle stretches got me here.....thanks all for proper input that should get me past the hump of this project

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
That was fucking great Axe!!!! Its the first time i ever heard a cover of this great song. You should edit the other guitars too for a full blast. Still, its an exellent recording of an exellent song. You did it justice to it. Hail the bald one.:icon_thum

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
This is great axe. I love Joe, (can't play like him to save my life) and to hear somone do it so well is wonderful. I agree with comment about the verb, can't wait to hear it out of demo mode.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
So good to hear you playing a cover again man. This one is awesome!! :rock: :rock: Tone and feel is incredible! :rock:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
great sounding piece here Axe. i can't tell ya if yours is close to orignal,, cause to be honest,, i can't recall this song. I love your use of the wah and your tone is always sooooo satch sounding,, wether its dead on or not,,, I dont know,, All I know is that you rock the Satch tunes and always seem to play em really well. If this is a demo shot,, I can't wait to hear your final then,, cause to me,, this had a really nice overall vibe in it. Nice job as always from ya Axe.:icon_thum

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Cool playing Axe

Man you just keep pumping out the excellent Satriani covers. Never heard this one done either. I agree, keep working it and some of the nuances will come together.

You never cease to amaze me Joe.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
always loved this satch track, this was an excellent version dude, agree with KC & wahwah tho ;), but you got that satch vibe going on this which is cool :)

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,568 Posts
Sorry Axe, I didn't see this post ...ooops. I left you a reply in the Battle thread.

I think you did an awesome job and better than I could do at present. Your dexterity and tone were awesome, but I felt some of the bends were a bit lacking. However, from hearing some of your other posts, I know it isn't because you can't do them.

Not being judgemental just wanted you to be aware so if you should decide to redo it ;). Overall, it was an excellent job.

---Will

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not only do i appreciate ya all listening and commenting......but also the honest comments on improving this tune. this is what this website is all about.
One Thousand Thank Yous to you all.

Hopefully i can take the advice and run with it......stay tuned!(eadgbe)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.