Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
That, and the fact that Ed just loathes doing music videos. It's ashame too cause he looks the coolest in every VH video, but he just hates doing them. I've got an interview from the Balance era where he goes into detail about it. It just hates making the rock star poses and what not, and I can't really say I blame him. Even if they did make a video, I'm not sure it would get much play. Maybe on VH1.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
I remember reading that they're gonna shoot a video for Blackburn Rovers Football Anthem in the UK. Apparently at Ewood Park, they'll all wear the new Blackburn Rovers football shirt and knowck the ball about the pitch.

The song will Be Up For Breakfast, but it will be renamed, Down By Christmas...

If they don't like making videos so much, I don't know why they don't just make the video on some theme and get actors in to tell the story, and minimise the shots of the band in the shoot ? Granted, I have fook all idea of how to make a video, but surely this wopuld be easier ?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
LOL They already did, that video was called Cant Stop Lovin You and Dont Tell Me LOL I still dont get the scene in CSLY with the two football players. Are they in love???

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Hmmm, exactly. Or Right Now was a classic example of this... Let some other pictures tell the story rather than clips of the band...

I'll have to watch the Can't Stop Lovin' You vid again. All I can remember is the cheerleaders, the woman that looks like a monkey, with her pet monkey, Sammy blowing a kiss at the end, and my ex-girlfriend saying Eddie looked fit with short hair....

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
LOL Yea that's just about right. Another thing that I remember was when I first saw those videos, my brother thought they kicked Eddie out because it didn't look like him. LOL

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hey there Mondola
What's up with having a go at the hat mate!
I went and got one when I saw the video. Ok...people laughed at me, but hey, if Eddie can wear it so can I!
I liked the Humans Beings video personally as it shows what the band actually do..play great music and play it at a high skill level. Not many bands can claim that can do this as well.
Bring on the new album and Ed in a new and better hat!

G

·
I think we've got a live footage video comin' up for UFB... I think it's been talked about before, but I can definately see that happening... just a bunch of live clips of the song synced up and spliced together.

Ok by me... but like Sucka said... it wouldn't get any play. There's just no place for real rock music on today's music television unless you're EXTREMELY visible... like Aerosmith, for example. At any rate... VH just gets no video play, and that sucks, big time

I think they'll make one anyway, and I base that on absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
628 Posts
"And pigs will grow wings and fly out of my butt"
Lets face the facts now. MTV and all the variations we see these days have been hijacked by a music genre that sells more products than a bunch of 40+ top class musicians. How many times will MTV and thier ilk will ever play a tune by a band that does not LOOK right. I am of opinion that Van Halen had their day in video's. In OZ I never saw broadcasted video's from VHIII. Balance got a very poor showing. In fact I still have never seen the video's for some of the Balance tunes much to my frustration. (endless nights waiting, VCR ready, to see them never played)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts