Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I met the designer and owners of the Atomic Amp enterprise Saturday morning at the NAMM show And I also met Andy Z (AZ) All I can say about the thing is I like it a lot. It is clear, tight, and focused, and even with the XT 1.xx presets it rocks. On the cleans it has that tube feel and on the overdrives it is very tight. I have recomended that my kid buy one for his (my old) XT. If I still had the XT I also would have thought seriously about buying one for myself.

It is really a great item and talking to Harry was a real treat, I got to the booth before anyone else was there, just me and Harry, and he (like me), being an old Original Woodstock Festival attendee, we had a lot in common. So we had the most plesant chat.

As for the volume level of the 18 watter, I have to say that we had the XT volume control on about two, and it was very loud. In fact the other owner of the company was rocking on the thing at about 2 XT volume level, and we had some adjoining vendors come and asked us to turn it down.

It will definately play as loud as an unmiked drummer and if the drummer gets miked so can you

Buy it.

Ol'Harv

· Napoleon Dynamite
4,511 Posts
Ah, I see from the sig you are. Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed reading posts from you on Line 6. I have also had the pleasure of listening to some of your songs and really love your tone and playing. I look forward to you posting some tunes here and possibly a collaboration.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome Stingx, I may not be able to post or collaborate in the near future I just picked up another Mason Contractor so I am estimating for two of them now. I barely have time to keep up my practice routine. But I will pop in from time to time to see whats up and soon I will drop one of the contractors, and be back to my first interest, making good music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.