Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Yankees Suck!
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, getting closer to finsihing my Zakk project, but have a question on wiring the pickups.

I bought a pair of Mighty Mite Motherbuckers on ebay, but there was no wiring diagram. After searching through the forums on the MM site, a user said to wire them this way:

Bare and Black = ground
White = hot
Red and Blue solder together and insulate

Now, my question is, which goes to the volume pot and which goes to the tone pot?

I also have a shielding/ground question. Like an idiot, I didn't think to use shielding paint before I started, so I am using some 8x8 copper sheets because I don't want to take a chance on runing the finish. As for the grounding, my thought was this: After run a screw through the copper then solder around the base of the screw to get a good seal. Then solder the ground wires to the screw. Will that work?

·
Registered
733 Posts
steve, i believe the white(hot) would go to the first terminal on the volume pot and you would solder the black and bare(ground) to the top of the volume pot. normally you have just some jumper wires and the capacitor connecting the tone pot and the volume pot.
normally on a les paul, the vintage pickups have single condutor shielded cable...which means the shielding is the ground and it is soldered to the top of the volume pot and the hot wire to the volume pot terminal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts