Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last post (the Butcher) actually took me about 5 years from first playing the tune to finally recording it. Hardly prolific :lol: So last night at 8pm GMT I decided to write a song from scratch and post it here finished in less than 24 hours. I failed by 2 & 1/2 hours but I am happy to say this IS a song I am proud of and the lyrics are good and solid. There are things I would, and will, change but given the time scale I can live these blemishes for the time being.

The song is a kind of modern folk rock tune, not intentional, that is the way it turned out. The lyric is sad and I found it hard to sing it in such a way that would do it justice but I tried. I did actually have the song finished in time but the wife didn't like my vocals and suggested I redo them in a higher register - which I have now done. I am no singer but I feel I just about held the tune.

I hope you like it ... But get your tissues out :)

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=10555.mp3

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Man this was killa Goport, awesome guitar and vox, awesome job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the kind words :thumb:

·
Registered
479 Posts
that was fantastic , kinda had a roger waters feel to it, great job bro

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man. The wife said it was radiohead meets floyd on a bad day - I'll take your comment over hers though :)

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
definitely here the Waters influence. Sounds awesome. A Pro Song with a pro sound. :mix:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Wow!! Great song here porty, i liked everything about it........ and i love your voice......:sap: top noch :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Flair :thumb: have those disks turned up yet?

Hey thanks Linda - you are too kind as usual :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Another great song. Very original and the lyrics are cool. You have a cool voice, very confident. Is the acoustic sound the VG8 cos if it is i'm gonna get one. I really do think this is a cracking song. You should seriously think about gigging these songs.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BLoody hell! Thanks Chaps!

Phil - yeah it's all the VG-88. And I am done with gigging mate, I did 6 years doing originals and 7 years doing covers. I am a free man now :) - thanks for the vote of confidence though! :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
WoW Porty this was beautiful hun....I also love your voice....I say this does have that radiohead feel,,,,buts thats good,,,bc i love that band!!!...All i can say now is more plz!!...This gets the stars hun!!!:bowdown: :bowdown:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Rain. I will do more, and hopefully soon :) Hey, I never got any stars before :thumb: :woot:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Goport, the whole thing is fantastic. I don't recommend listening to spouses bro. If I listened to mine, you would never have heard any postings from me on this forum :lol:

I like the whole production, the singing is great in my honest opinion. It's very tempting to keep fucking with the mix but as it stands right now, listening through a good set of headphones, it sounds just great. :thumb:

Well done, you should be proud.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you Sting that means a lot man! I took your advice and had a play with ozone 3. very good for the vox and made the acoustic patch on the vg-88 really stand out. :thumb:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Cool!! You can never have enuff tricks in your arsenal. This really does sound great, man.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thankyou very much Sting and Zep :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Man...this is just awesome, bro!!!! :bowdown: Love everything about this...the songwriting, the guitar work and the vocals...simply amazing!!!!:thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts