Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This one is a bit different than the one I posted many months back. I made use of new mastering software and eqs. Spent way too much time on mastering my vocals on here and very little on the guitars but then they don't require as much work :icon_wink Lemme know what you think of this not so much in terms of playing but in the overall production. Thanks for listening.

Cheers...

[edit] I redid this with a different EQ on the vocals and reposted a few posts down in the thread. You may wish to dl that version instead.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
the production is really good. The playing is pretty damn good too, Sting. I would have put a little less reverb on the vox and also brightened them up a bit (treble/hi eq etc.) but then I am no expert - I have posted my first vocal tune tonight so take what I say with a pinch of salt :)

Top playing and lovely 12 string sounds.:icon_jam:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey dude, thanks for your candor. I am still learning this plugin and there are way too many ways to master the tracks. I'll try re-eqing the vocals later this evening aqfter dinner. I'm all outta steam!

·
Registered
125 Posts
omg

wow that's great ! it's a very professionnal mix! :icon_cool
Could you tell me how did you record your guitar? (mic, preamp, soundcard ...). thanks :smirk:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EQ High

Actually, this was a quick fix...I took goport's suggestion and redid the vocals with more highs. I am reattching the mp3 here. This is why I love this site :rock:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
That has nailed it! Sounds like a different song now - very touching vocals. Top job

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JiggZ said:
wow that's great ! it's a very professionnal mix! :icon_cool
Could you tell me how did you record your guitar? (mic, preamp, soundcard ...). thanks :smirk:
Thank for the kind words, Jiggz. I have explained my setup before but basically here's how I chain my equipment...

For Guitars:

Guitar (mainly use my Brian Moore i9.13) ---> PODxt ---> M-Audio Firewire 410 ---> Cubase SX on PC

For Vocals:

Mic (mainly use my Shure Beta 57A) ---> M-Audio Firewire 410 ---> Cubase SX on PC

In Cubase I use various DirectX or VST plugins (I have hundreds) to enhance and master the tracks. The most used are Amplitube, Lexicon Reverb, and now Ozone 3.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Goport said:
That has nailed it! Sounds like a different song now - very touching vocals. Top job
Way too kind, man. Thanks for being honest or else I never would have bothered farting with it. BTW, I read you use Cubase too, we should compare plugins. In fact, it would be cool to have a section dedicated to it cuz I think it is the best sequencer on the market.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Too cool!!!!:woot: Gr8 playing, good vocals..overall the production was good...thought the vocal coulda been a little higher in the mix tho....Well done, bro!!!!:icon_thum

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, sg! I appreciate you listening and commenting. :icon16:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts