Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back up to GC and bought a Schecter C-1 Blackjack. I have played it for about an hour now and it sounds great. I might need to raise the action just a touch but it is great. The JB/59 pup combo is great. It also has coil tapping via 5 way switch which doesn't quite give it the strat twang but it does give it the single coil tone. The neck is unbelieveable. It is soooo comfertable. The JB gives a really nice crunch and grit tone, and the 59 gives a great warm smooth tone.

I was able to get the guitar from $549 to $499 and have him put a set of Ernie Ball strings on, polished it, and put on fret board conditioner all for free. I also bought another guitar stand and a leather strap. I decided to keep my strat copy to use for the bluesy twang and dirt.

I don't own a digital camera so the following picture is from the schecter website, and does not do this guitar justice. It may not be flashy just being black but it has a really great look to it. I love the black pearl inlays and the cream binding. The carved top looks great in person.

Picture of C-1 Blackjack

OVERALL RATINGS:

FEATURES-(9)

Sound-(10)

Playability(10)

Finish(8)

Realiability(9)

Overal(10)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrats man! I love every Schecter I've ever played, so no doubt you got a good buy! I think the black is friggin sexy, so no worries...haha :werd:

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
looks nice mate . unleash the fookin fury on it and lets hear it :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After playing a few days I raised the action slightly but it is still very low. One thing that is kinda a bother is the tone knob doesn't gradually change the tone, it gets to a point and just changes abruptly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts