·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think has the worst tone?

I nominate Billie Joe Armstrong.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't like that guy from the Ramones that everyone else seems to love. His guitar sound has no definition, it's just obnoxious. easily the worst.

As a side note (I know I'll catch hell for this) I never liked Randy Rhoads' sound. Great guy, never liked his sound.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't like that guy from the Ramones that everyone else seems to love. His guitar sound has no definition, it's just obnoxious. easily the worst.

As a side note (I know I'll catch hell for this) I never liked Randy Rhoads' sound. Great guy, never liked his sound.
Johnny Ramone.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I kinda agree with you. The Ramones tone is awful in my opinion, and Randy's guitar tone is actually not the best one either, although the songs are classics and therefore he is forgiven :icon_thum

However, one of the best guitar tones, in my opinion, is Judas Priest's guitar tone on the Sad Wings Of Destiny record.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I kinda agree with you. The Ramones tone is awful in my opinion, and Randy's guitar tone is actually not the best one either, although the songs are classics and therefore he is forgiven :icon_thum

However, one of the best guitar tones, in my opinion, is Judas Priest's guitar tone on the Sad Wings Of Destiny record.
As I consider Randy to be my guardian angel, I think his tone is wonderful.

·
Registered
7 Posts

i think Randy had a perfect sound thats why im gone try to match his sound as long as i play buying the pedals he used and things like that

·
Registered
342 Posts
Billy Corigen (sp) from Smashing Pumpkins tone is like nails on a blackboard.

Jimmi Page had awesome tone, for his era, but for my era, I'll have to go with Eddie Van Halen, innovative, unique, and EVERYONE coppied his sound

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Billy Corigen (sp) from Smashing Pumpkins tone is like nails on a blackboard.

Jimmi Page had awesome tone, for his era, but for my era, I'll have to go with Eddie Van Halen, innovative, unique, and EVERYONE coppied his sound
Jimmy is great, but this thread is about the worst tone...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far, it seems people really hate the punk approach to guitar.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The guitarist from the Police. Andy Summers? idk if that's the right name or not but tonally god-awful...:wutblau:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The guitarist from the Police. Andy Summers? idk if that's the right name or not but tonally god-awful...:wutblau:
I was just thinking about his tone, and whether I liked it or not.

I don't care for his sound sometimes, but he's a good player.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there is nothing wrong with his tone, although he just isn't that great of a player. At the same time, he is a lead singer, so I wouldn't expect much talent.
Umm, Hendrix was a lead singer too, dude. So have many other great lead players. They don't even have to play lead: Joe Strummer kicked ass either way.

Billy Joe's tone is terrible in my opinion, though. He's a terrible singer, and player. It's too trebly, without any bass.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts