Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:werd: Hi all, just enquiring as to whether any of you, 'Xt Live' owners have had any sort of problems with your units?
Mine, (Which was bought last November at 'Music live') has already been back to Line6 and had a 'Chip' renewed, however it looks as though it's going back again as now it doesn't always 'Initialize' on start up, (Sometimes takes a couple of attempts.) and today I found the display blank after leaving it on whilst I made a coffee, and no bloody sound until I tried re-starting it four times!?
Although still under warranty this is an arse, and I just wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences? :scratch:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I must admit, a couple of people I know have them and they've had no issues, maybe I've just got a 'Rogue' unit? :scratch:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please let me know how the Customer Service end of things go with Line6. I am seriously considering selling my GNX3 for a PODxt Live. I was on their website and really like the effects and tones and options that are available for this unit.

Also, is the warranty transferable if you were to buy one used?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:icon_neut Hi, you don't actually get to deal with Line6 yourself, (Although I used to have a number and the guy I dealt with was VERY helpful, however I mislaid the number and when talking to my local Line6 dealer he explained that he couldn't give it out as Line6 didn't want it given??) but my past experience with them has been excellent, the unit was sent away on the Monday, and I picked it up on the Friday, (With a free padded gig bag thrown in by my local dealer I must add!)
As regards warranty, I would imagine that providing you can prove the unit is still within it's 12 month warranty, (E.G. Reciept, or bill of sale?) there should be no problem. :icon_thum

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thumb: Just a 'Postscript' on how things went with my sick Xt Live?
In short, Line 6 had to admit defeat, and gave me a new unit, this has proved to be fine with no issues at all, I'd like to also thank, both Line 6, and the Preston branch of 'Sound Control' for their help and assistance, both companies were superb in their actions.
(Still like to know what was up with it though!) :dance:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sorry to hear about all your bad luck with the xtLive. :doh:
I've been gigging mine nearly every weekend since Novemeber 04 and haven't have a problem (knock on wood! :grin: ) I'll bet your troubles were just a fluke.
Best of luck with the new unit! :bannana_g

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
if you have sent it in once before you should demand a brand new unit. they owe it to for the inconveniance and the company needs you to be a satisfied customer. it is rare but every once in a while a lemon comes along and line6 needs to get it back so they can improve their products and make them more dependable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts