Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about 15 redos and several weeks I got it about as good as I can , still not real happy about the middle toward the end, but had to call it done or give up completely. Hope you enjoy this labor of love.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome SS, killa job!!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Well...ya finally stumped me...I don't know this song!!!!
Kinda sounds like it could be a Doobie Brothers song.
Anyway...top quality playing as always bro!!!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Topjimmy ,, Thanks sgstg, WOW you are soo close!! James Ingram & Michael Mcdonald - x doobie. Thanks for playing stump the Strators!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Sling!!! I knew the tune right by the title!!! Awesome cover!!!
Love that vibe Mcdonald has.! Fenderica has his mojo going!!!
Different tones blended well...that was awesome!!!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YeeeeeHaa I love when a plan comes though , I was hoping my buds would appreciate this! THANKS a ton!

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Mannnnn I love Michael Mcdonald......This is a awsome song!!!!!...Man SS you totally rock bud!!!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Sling Shot said:
TY Mandy!!!! I'm trying to dig up somemore of his stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, SLing.

So, I log onto G101 and start scrolling down the opening page, and in the "Current Threads" box down the right column of the page, out of the corner of my eye, I pass a line that makes me do a double-take. As I'm scrolling back up to see it again, I am thinking to myself, "No f*cking way did I just see "Ya Mo Be There." And sure enough, I scroll up and there it was. As I click on it, I think to myself, " I know without even looking that this has GOT to be one of SLingShot's tunes." Sure enough......

Enjoyed your jazzy trademark SlingShot tone. Also liked the main melody that you came up with for the chorus part. ANd then when you crank it up a notch on the distortion. Great job, man. Next you'll probably be doing something like "Stay with Me Tonight" by Geoffrey Osbourne or "Easy Lover" by Phil Collins and Phillip Bailey!

Regrading your quote above, Captain Khaos posted here a while back a BT for Michael McDonald's song "I Keep Forgetting" from that same time period. Let me know if you want it. I'll send it to you. Either way, keep rockin!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey KC thanks a bunch! I was afraid I cranked that center up too much. Already done Easy Lover,,, but Stay with me tonight nope I haven't. Really enjoy the way you write these comments !!! You must be one hell of a good typist. It would take me a half a day, this took 20 minutes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts