Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I challenge you or anyone else. FREE SHREDD BATTLE without ANY backing track. Just your guitar, some dist and delay. 1 take. Play whatever you want and show me your skills and weapons of war:woot: . I know its nonsense and not melodic in any sense but who fucking cares. For the love of shread:icon_peac

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
i`m not a show off.. i`m just in for some fun and some ppl here offended me for no reason.

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
linda said:
YAK YOU SHOULD SHOW OFF YOUR FANTASTIC:thumbup:
thks linda.. but i think i`m not good enough ... and i`m not a show off.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
ClonesAreClueless said:
huh?

all shredders are show-offs.
i mean, its not really musical is it, playing a million notes a second :D
now now lets play nice here :chucks:

It's hardly any of us no matter what style of music we play to say another is "unmusical" that's why music is so great there are no "Rules of musicality"

:thumb:

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Okay, I can see where this one is heading with the various technical vs feel, shred vs emotion, etc. debates that we have had in the past.

These threads get very heated, and a lot of personal attacks are thrown left right and centre. Lets just try to nip it in the bud from the start here and calm down on the personal nature of the posts, yeah ?

They're uncalled for, and don't help at all.

I take pride from thinking that all styles and all levels are welcome here, and I would like that to continue. Saying one style isn't musical or is just showing off doesn't really help at all in here as far as I am concerned.

Look at the game of football. There is no RIGHT way to play it. Some play the long ball, some play defend and counter attack, some play an all out attaking game, some like to pass it around, etc., etc. People prefer to watch and play the beautiful game in different ways, but there is no way to say which way is right or better. Whatever works for you, works for you.

The same applies to music.

So please, no more petty fights, and lets all be open to all styles. I personally consider yakamashii to be a great player with amazing talent and although there are handful of people on this site with stupidly overblown egos, I don't class yakamashii as being amongst them.

Thanks for reading, and play nice !

:chucks:

·
Registered
91 Posts
hehe

Shred can be musical, just as much as anything else, if its done right, Yakamashii is a true talent, and I am his best friend, so I know he aint a show off, he is one of few that truly love what he does...
He is pure at heart, he wouldnt do anything braggy ..

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm not sure how or why this whole thread started. I do know that Yakamashii is one of the most humble guitarists I know, and he plays great. If you want to just challenge somebody to an unacompanied solo battle, why not just do that without accusing people of being show-offs.

As for the battle, I don't know about Yak but i'll take you on, just a lil something i did a while back, and it's not that great so you have a chance.

http://www.guitar-dominion.com/cap24.mp3

-Ash

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
yakamashii is a fantastic player.. shredding is just one of the many things he is capable of doing... shred = showing off?!!!!! hahah... shredding is a way of expressing ones emotions and expressions using many notes... not showing off...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.