Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you love your guitars I know you named them. :)

My Epi telecaster name's Tilly. My past guitars was Gretchen, Leslie, Honey, and Ariel. None of them were named after my girlfriends though.

What's yours?

·
Registered
733 Posts
sometimes i like to refer to my ibanez which is part GIO part GRX model as "GIX" and my strat which is green as "Mean Green". :toothless

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
I have a smilie on the back of my Wolfie guitar, part angel and part devil.
So I call it twoface.
My Kramer is called flipflop.
The Tokai is just Kai.
:toothless
The rest has been sold, MIA:lol:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
the ibanez is called Ibby when I am playing well or "Useless Fker" when things are not so smooth. the westfield acoustic is called Acky when times are good or Ebay when it plays up :) the cheapo strat is called Billy No Mates pretty much all the time cos I never play it :D As for effects the VG-88 is called god.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Yea, I name my guitars: "The White One", "The Brown One", "The Les Paul", "The Bass", "The SG", and "The 12 string" :D

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I used to name my stage guitars back in the 80's...and I got alot of ribbing for it from my bandmates.....my initials are GP so I had GP-1, GP-2, GP-3...:lol: I even had the stick-on letters on the front of each one like SRV did.

I can see now how silly that must have looked...haven't named a guitar since.:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Goport said:
the ibanez is called Ibby when I am playing well or "Useless Fker" when things are not so smooth. the westfield acoustic is called Acky when times are good or Ebay when it plays up :) the cheapo strat is called Billy No Mates pretty much all the time cos I never play it :D As for effects the VG-88 is called god.
LOL!

I called mine "bitch!" when things don't go right. :)

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I have never heard of such a thing!! I know Eric Clapton named his Strat "Blackie" but I have never come across anyone who ever named their guitars. I know I have never any I have ever owned. I did meet a bass player that called his Rickenbacker 4001 "LiL Ricky" which I thought was strange...but know I understand..we guitar players are a wierd bunch I guess. :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
3fingers said:
I have never heard of such a thing!! I know Eric Clapton named his Strat "Blackie" but I have never come across anyone who ever named their guitars. I know I have never any I have ever owned. I did meet a bass player that called his Rickenbacker 4001 "LiL Ricky" which I thought was strange...but know I understand..we guitar players are a wierd bunch I guess. :p
I guess BB King and his "Lucille" is weird then. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
I call my homemade strat-copy the "Shitar" because sometimes it's the shit :bowdown: and other times just shit. :rant:

·
Registered
189 Posts
my names

I have to say as much to my disliking that people found out the names of my guitars i have named them both.

My fender strat is called HILDA for no reason other than that it popped into my head when i saw it. Love at first site!!!lol

My custom guitar that put together myself is a mixture of ibanez and fender guitars is called fenandez. Because it's a mixture of fen and ez so you see the connection.

cool bye

fonosatch

1 - 20 of 36 Posts