Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please Check out my always with you, always with me tone! x

Hey guys, glad to be able to say i've finally learnt to play this damn tune, so i thought i'd share my excitement!

Hell, its such a damn good feeling learning something new- it gives you that buzz- the whole reason of playing guitar!

Here it is if you care to check it out-

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/kevinparsonsofomissionmusic.htm

Any comments are really appreciated and feel free to flame its flaws, as its the first thing i've ever mixed-
but im only 18 so havent had long enough to play yet

Hope you like it

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
nice job....as previously noted...hammer-on part is too eddie...lol....ya got to get the ending of that hammer on phrase...otherwise excellent job and nice tone...creative sound FX too:icon_thum

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks axeshredder! haha- very eddie tapping section i know... my phrasing is is quite out tho on some parts which do need to be worked on.

Hope the evil laugh scared you! :)

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
An excellent version of the song I just listened to this in the car on the way home....some parts are faster or not "exact" but that is what makes it a good song.....your own flair to the song!!! Great Job man I thought it sounded excellent!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
For a younger player you have nice touch and expression on your guitar and you play with remarkable fluidity. You will no doubt really improve greatly as you keep playing. I thought it was a well-executed cover.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
damn I thought I had replied to this. it is a really good version mate! :thumb:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Mike4beka said:
An excellent version of the song I just listened to this in the car on the way home....some parts are faster or not "exact" but that is what makes it a good song.....your own flair to the song!!! Great Job man I thought it sounded excellent!
Cool, how do u listen to stuff in the car? that sounds awesome- is it like a laptop hook up to your stereo!

Thanks guys for the praise, but maybe in a few years i'll be good- i thought the legato bits were a bit sketchy when i recorded it, but im self taught so im trying to develop it all on my own :whistling

I thought the evil laugh was much better than the playing :icon_thum

Can anybody pick the bad bits so i can make them better? :doh:

I just love the smillies on this board!!!

Thanks again,

--Kev

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Seems I'm always looking for something a little different and this was, so I liked it very much. Tone was great!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Very good effort. The tone and playing was maybe a bit aggressive for this song, and not as smooth and laid back as the original, but otherwise this was awesome.
I have great respect for anyone who learns and records this entire song :bowdown:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Naifuzan said:
Very good effort. The tone and playing was maybe a bit aggressive for this song, and not as smooth and laid back as the original, but otherwise this was awesome.
I have great respect for anyone who learns and records this entire song :bowdown:
Thanks for your kind words guys- i guess i turned it a bit more aggressive than the original (must be a result of listening to Maiden for 5 years :irk: )

It was good fun doing this, but took a few days of learning :wutblau:
i must work on the legato pieces and timing though to make it sound good.

:thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts