Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
I love Trevor Rabin! What ever happened to that guy. I heard he was from Africa. Is that true? Incredibly gifted technically. This was a great song. i appreciated it more after I started playing guitar, which is kinda odd, 'cause it is rather simplistic in parts, but maybe it is just cause I'm getting older and I listen to music differently now. Anyway, thanks for putting this together Khaos.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are welcome KC.....this was the 1st Yes CD I bought...all other albums followed suit after listening to this.....actually I was really set on making Changes from this album but found it hard to find a complete,good midi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, great BT. Trevor Rabin is one of the great unsung guitarists. Many of the classic Yes (Steve Howe) fans don't respect him, but he was a great guitarist and all around musician/producer. His solo stuff really shows how talented he is (he has one album that he played all the parts on except for a few backing vocals).

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey kc, Trevor has left the traditional rock world, and moved on to doing movie scores - Armageddon, Deep Blue Sea, Gone in sixty Seconds, as well as numerous others. He also re-released his back catalogue of solo work and his "Live in LA" show which was very cool. Additionally if you like his work in "Yes" check out "90214" it's an amazing album of noodles and demo's that he carried around with him, as he was writing his first yes album "90215" as well as future yes albums. it gives you a very cool look into his creative process, and his great playing. Regardless of those who knock him (because he's not steve howe) this guy is a one man composing army. I can't figure out how he got so good at sooo many different instruments (piano, signing, guitar, drums, bass, and even cello), when I've been spending years just trying to be accomplished at only 2 of those

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Hey, great update C_P_W! Thanks for all that info. I would definitely like to find that 90214 that you spoke of. He sounds like the rock'n'roll Wayne Newton as far as being able to play such a wide variety of different instruments. I have one of his solo albums on vinyl, but I don't have a record player anymore (imagine that!). ANyideas where I can pick up that 90214???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.