Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited and proud to be the first poster of this awesome new section. Great job on this, Eric. Much appreciated. I mean, I love Van Halen, and they are still one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time, but Joe is probably my top guitar hero, so i appreciate this sub-forum and hope to see it thrive.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I agree! As much as I love Van Halen, this is Guitars101 and there are some great guitarists that deserve more recognition here. Of course, now we're opening a can of worms....where's SRV? where's Hendrix? where's Malmsteen? and so on, and so on

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, exactly. I am sure that has something to do with the fact that these forums are just now branching out. I mean, how do you pick a manageable number of guitar player forums without it getting out of hand and without leaving some members feeling slighted because their favorite guitar player doesn't have a forum. But hey, since I'm all about Joe, I'm not remotely complaining with THESE additions.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
POD GOD said:
where's SRV? where's Hendrix? where's Malmsteen? and so on, and so on

[/ QUOTE ] Joe isnt dead and is on tour and recording new stuff regularly so i think its fair that hes has his own thread
...we could make a dead guitarists thread but there will never be anything new to post (Yes i know malmstein isnt dead..just his recordings..lol)

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
yeah this is cool eric .i hoped you might do something like this
really cool stuff man thanks for tending to the needs of the "others" lol

·
drunken loser!
444 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
ericgtr said:
Thanks, I thought we should pay tribute to some of the other greats as well

[/ QUOTE ]

eric i would like to mention Paul Gilbert at this point.
all is not stuck in the 80's with paul, have you listened to burning organ. it's a masterpiece.
add a paul gilbert sub for us!!!

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
There is no question that Paul Gilbert is one of the greats but there are so many to choose from. That's why the parent forum "Artists" is open for any and all besides VH, Satch and Vai.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts