Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Yes - Union Tour - Denver 1991 - Trevor Rabin edit - Around The World in Eighty Dates

2K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  journey99 
#1 ·
I'm looking for the 83 mins Trevor Rabin's edit of the Yes Union Tour live footage shot in Denver, McNichols Sports Arena, May 09, 1991. I know there's already an open thread for that show, full lenght >2hrs version, which I already got. But the Rabin's edit, although not complete, is far better. Hope some good soul who got this edit agrees and is willing to share. Thanks anyway!

#4 ·
Well, he actually cut out all the solo "sketches", his own included, and left the most significant numbers of the shows. If you want to get an idea, this edit has been uploaded on YouTube (type in a search with "yes around the world in eighty dates") - with downgraded video and audio quality, but even that lossy format gives you a clear feeling of Trevor's job . . . What I'm looking for is the DVD quality. This edit has been aired from time in time on various countries, from Japan to Serbia. Some collectors have got it in their own trade-list, unfotunately mine is too poor for them to set a trade . . .

#5 ·
Thanks for your reply Steve! Yes, is the same released in the De-luxe 2DVD and 2CD box by Gonzo Records (and it's the same available here on Guitars101). But the soundboard audio - to my ears - sounds more like a monitor line . . . I got the feeling that it's the Jon Anderson's vocal monitor line. It's almost never balanced, with almost no effects on drums, not to mention Bruford's elctronic drum pads, you can't almost hear them. As regards video, that also looks like an in-house footage intended to be projected on the mega-screens. . . In a word: Rabin's edit is what can be definitely called a pro-edit: perfect audio mix - expecially those great Alan White's drum fills - and an audio-consistent video edit. That's the reason why it is worth to have both - IMHO. Take a look at the snippets of this on YouTube . . .

#12 ·
I already downloaded this DVD and it is not really the one known as Trevor Rabin's cut because it has infinitely inferior image quality and it have some subtitles in Japanese which does not match with Trevor Rabin's Cut!

It will be AWESOME if some lucky that get the original DVD bootleg Trevor Rabin's Cut from Dimeadozen could share here with us, because they don't have anymore that DVD in Dimeadozen tracker!

c ya..

:beerbang:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.