Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's me singing Yesterday by The Beatles.

I added some of my own harmony with my vocals.. I like to experiment when I record. Lemme know what you all think! Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when I had my band together we covered this song.

I'll try it but it used to be easier to sing in the band situation.. It was at the top of my vocal range.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I couldn't fault the effort and time you put in to this but I have to be honest and say you seemed to be straining at certain points. This sounds harsh but it is not meant to be, I just feel you should play it in a key more suited to your voice for the environment you are recording in. When I play with a band I often find I can sing past my recording range but I have to drop it down a tone for recording. You have a good voice though and a good ear for arrangement

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was at the top of my range for some of the harmony. I also find it easier to sing in a live situation.
I only record my songs for the pleasure of creativity and not for professional profit or gain.
I just like to hear people say I did a good job. I concentrate more on production and arrangement than performance. No that I don't care about performance lol. I someday want to produce bands' albums. I guess I start by learning

·
Black Dog
373 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Goport said:
I couldn't fault the effort and time you put in to this but I have to be honest and say you seemed to be straining at certain points. This sounds harsh but it is not meant to be, I just feel you should play it in a key more suited to your voice for the environment you are recording in. When I play with a band I often find I can sing past my recording range but I have to drop it down a tone for recording. You have a good voice though and a good ear for arrangement

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the comments GoPort gave ya

But nice rendition anyways!
Keep up the good work!

-Axl

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
guitarmageddon said:
I was at the top of my range for some of the harmony. I also find it easier to sing in a live situation.
I only record my songs for the pleasure of creativity and not for professional profit or gain.
I just like to hear people say I did a good job. I concentrate more on production and arrangement than performance. No that I don't care about performance lol. I someday want to produce bands' albums. I guess I start by learning

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you did a great job myself....its all about enjoying what you love to do,,,and the most important thing is to have fun!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa guitarmageddon, great job!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts