1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean that he's trying to look as "ripped" as Eddie? That might be a bit of a stretch for Malmsteen. I think Eddie might be benefiting from his asian genes for that "Bruce Lee" , zero percent bodyfat look.

·
Banned
59 Posts
lol.....eddie isnt ripped bro...lol he's just a twig. good for yngwie....fatasss.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm sure his new weight loss will now allow those "certain people" to actually appreciate his playing now :)

certain people - defined: those who totally lack the ability to actually hear what a guitarist plays, or how good a guitarist is. Instead, they base their judgement on what the guitarist looks like, or, what others say about them.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I say good for Yngwie. Hauling aroung extra weight isn't healthy. I should know, I used to be 50 lbs heavier when I was in high school.
Glad he's taking care of himself.

I hope I'm not considered a CERTAIN PERSON, as I believe I have the ability to appreciate art, whether the artist is a twig or a tub. :icon_thum

·
Registered
473 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
I say good for Yngwie. Hauling aroung extra weight isn't healthy. I should know, I used to be 50 lbs heavier when I was in high school.
Glad he's taking care of himself.

I hope I'm not considered a CERTAIN PERSON, as I believe I have the ability to appreciate art, whether the artist is a twig or a tub. :icon_thum
No way, man! I was just commenting on those who continuously say that Yngwie sucks. I could never finger out why(or how) anyone could say this. For the most part, it seems like he is getting dissed because of his weight. That's such a crock.

Here's the link to the replies the news of his weight loss got (some of those people really suck):

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=29009

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
yeah firstly welcome to Lydian looks like we got another new member :) enjoy your stay bro . and yeah thats some awesome shit . i have to admit to loving malmsteen now .. dunno why .. but the past couple of months i have turned around on my views of him somewhat .. i still think hes repetitive but i love his tone and his strat and i actually do enjoy his playing .. good on ya for the most excellent weight loss Yngwie my pal \m/

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Glad to see you are still posting DB! As for Yngwie, he is in the current power on (Roland free mag) and he doesn't look particularly thin in there - so I guess he has either lost weight very recently or this is an old phot. Either way I love the guys playing. By far the most aggressive player I have ever heard and he is very funny too; be it intentional or not :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm sure he has enough in his bank to get him over. :icon_mrgr

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Riff Addict said:
I never knew he was overweight?
Man, he has to be stout - it is the only way he can support that head of his :icon_mrgr

1 - 17 of 17 Posts