Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recorded this cover song for a battle but i think my challenger is not ready yet. It was recorded with a noisy Fender squier stratocaster with a Shure sm 57 - Fender ?? amp. I used the amp overdrive because i think any kind of distortion would kill the tone and the chorus passage could be ruined . I think the guitar is clean enough to hear that part. It was recorded in 3 takes:#1 The intro, #2 the Chords at the intro :toothless and #3 the song/lead. Anyway... is not perfect but i hope you like it :rock: .

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
That was fucking great bro! Cool intro. I didnt know you were a shreder! :icon_cool There are a few mistakes here and there but they´r almost unperceptible. The main arpegios were clean and i know thats a hard thing to achieve. BTW, i never said i accepeted the "Yngwie challenge" but your cover gonna be a hard one to beat. Bravo!! :jam:

·
Registered
114 Posts
eh

the playin was real good and emotional

i didnt like the tone it didnt work for me

great job overall

Rock On

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys. Randy, maybe i record another take for this song with a proper gear for it. The tone was not the best, i know, i was trying to find a Hendrix kind of sound before i recorded the song. I was too lazy to plug my gear and i said "....what the f...k!! Lets record this song with this bluesy sound!" :toothless Thanks once more.

·
Registered
114 Posts
GROS said:
Thank you guys. Randy, maybe i record another take for this song with a proper gear for it. The tone was not the best, i know, i was trying to find a Hendrix kind of sound before i recorded the song. I was too lazy to plug my gear and i said "....what the f...k!! Lets record this song with this bluesy sound!" :toothless Thanks once more.
ya thad be great man

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It is not a bad tone. Theres a big diference between bad and diferent. This is just diferent from the Yngwie tone and that doesnt mean its not a good tone for the recording. Many guitarists hide their slopiness with a lot of distortion when they cover this song. This sounds clean and not sloppy. Gros tone is not like Malmsteen but it is good enough. It needs a little punch but is enough for the song. IMHO:rock:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I remember playing this for years and never getting this close. Top effort!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Verga. I also think it is not a bad tone at all. Maybe just dont wear the song as a heavy metal standard tone but i think it worked just fine.
Goport, thank you for listening man, its not an easy song in my list also, but this is the best i can do :)

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
yeah , your going as fast a bullet here ! i tried this tune years ago and gave up :( but you seem to have the jist of it here . My choice would of been the bridge pick up , but whats important here is that your covering the correct path . this is great in my book , well done :thumb:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I've never been into Malmsteen much, but coming from a non-theory trained, hard rock/metal guitarist, I can respect some good 90 mph shredding during a solo but in "small" doses. You did a great job shredding those scales. If I tried to play that fast I'd surely hit more than a few wrong notes, and it would be more "comedy" than music.:lol: I can shred certain scales that I've become comfortable with over the years.

Your tone was a bit rough though...good job nontheless.:thumb:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for those nice lines everbody!! Next time i will record with the bridge noisy pickup and a more amount of Distortion. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
I mean for me the tone was okay....it just seemed that the guitar was turned down a bit and I would have liked to have it higher levels. I think even though there were a few mistakes....pppff it sounded really good!

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts