Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. i have been reading a lot of websites around here and it seems like a lot of people are unhappy with how "BOBW" came out. The trackings are rough, the set-up is bad, ect. ect. So what i wanna see is what your track listing for "BOBW" would have been. Now too keep from everyone posting every song from 78-84 (or something to that extent) try to keep it within the track listings from the cd, 19 tracks on the first, and 17 on the second.

So here's my "BOBW"

Disk 1

1. Eruption
2. Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)
3. House of Pain
4. Without You
5. Atomic Punk
6. A.F.U. (Naturally Wired)
7. Mean Street
8. Ain't Talkin' Bout Love
9. Judgement Day
10. Can't Get This Stuff No More
11. Take Me Back (Deja Vu)
12. Let's Get Rockin' (Demo)
13. Jump
14. Top of The World (Live)
15. From Afar
16. Unchained
17. Ice Cream Man
18. Summer Nights
19. Ill Wait

Disk 2

1.Runnin' With The Devil
2. Get Up
3. Women In Love
4. Best of Both Worlds (Live)
5. Me Wise Magic
6. Aftershock
7. And The Cradle Will Rock....
8. So This Is Love?
9. Humans Being
10. Little Dreamer
11. Love Walks In
12. You Really Got Me
13. Finish What Ya Started (Live)
14. Panama
15. Dreams
16. Dance The Night Away
17. Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Ok, so i hope this works out, and it kinda pisses me off cause i have like another 2 cds worth of tracks that would have been nice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yea it was. though the video was kinda.....strange. But the song itself was killer. Acctually ive become quite fond of vh3 here latley. I had bashed on it for the longest time but ive been listening to it quite a lot latley.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
limpkornbizkit61 said:
Hey everyone. i have been reading a lot of websites around here and it seems like a lot of people are unhappy with how "BOBW" came out. The trackings are rough, the set-up is bad, ect. ect. So what i wanna see is what your track listing for "BOBW" would have been. Now too keep from everyone posting every song from 78-84 (or something to that extent) try to keep it within the track listings from the cd, 19 tracks on the first, and 17 on the second.

So here's my "BOBW"

Disk 1

1. Eruption
2. Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)
3. House of Pain
4. Without You
5. Atomic Punk
6. A.F.U. (Naturally Wired)
7. Mean Street
8. Ain't Talkin' Bout Love
9. Judgement Day
10. Can't Get This Stuff No More
11. Take Me Back (Deja Vu)
12. Let's Get Rockin' (Demo)
13. Jump
14. Top of The World (Live)
15. From Afar
16. Unchained
17. Ice Cream Man
18. Summer Nights
19. Ill Wait

Disk 2

1.Runnin' With The Devil
2. Get Up
3. Women In Love
4. Best of Both Worlds (Live)
5. Me Wise Magic
6. Aftershock
7. And The Cradle Will Rock....
8. So This Is Love?
9. Humans Being
10. Little Dreamer
11. Love Walks In
12. You Really Got Me
13. Finish What Ya Started (Live)
14. Panama
15. Dreams
16. Dance The Night Away

Ok, so i hope this works out, and it kinda pisses me off cause i have like another 2 cds worth of tracks that would have been nice.
Shit man, I might have to burn me a cd with that exact order. That's a damned good list!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sucka, dont let the name fool ya, i may be into the new stuff but van halen hardly ever leaves my cd player. I did make like a big best of cd before bobw came out, but it was like 4 cds long. I think the first cd consisted of pretty much every track off of VH1, but i guess u have to make exceptions sometime. I just though about it although, i completly forgot Diver Down tracks. Cause i know "Little Guitars", "Full Bug", and "Hang Em' High" would have been on there somewhere. Fill those in as u go i guess. lol. Peace.

Limpkornbizkit61

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Hey bro, I can dig it dude. I have two of Limp Bikit's cd's, and was actually a pretty big Wes Borland fan back when they were big. I loved his stage presence and just overall musicanship. I also liked DJ Lethal too cause I was a big House Of Pain fan. Can't stand Fred though. Never got into Korn much, but thought that their cover of Metallica's "One" on MTV's ICON was pretty cool. I have read Jonathan's lyrics here and there though, and he writes some very moving stuff. They're cool, just never really gave them much of a try.

As for VH, I consider all of their albums just one big best of ya know. I don't think there's much I don't like out of their entire catalouge.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, i used to be really big into bizkit until......well the reunion tour this year and it kinda turned me back into van halen. I dont know if u know this (or anyone for that matter) but wes borland is back with bizkit. Pics on the site and such.

Well since we are on the two bands, im wondering if anyone remebers seeing this on mtv awhile back. Like, i think it was 2002 or 2003, bizkit didnt have a guitarest. I remeber reading on mtv: news that they were trying out a bunch of guitarest and one was.......Eddie Van Halen. Now before anyone tries to beat the living crap out of me for even trying to mention something like, i just want to know if anyone had read that too? I remeber it specifically cause i was like "WTF?". The two bands are my favorites, but i just couldn't see em going from Nookie to Panama.....itd be odd. It has long been since removed from the website so i dont now, may be one of them things no one else but me saw. lol

But yea, i kinda stopped trying making the best of's cause each time i got one done i would start loving a song i forgot to put on there. i Just keep my whole collection in my truck for quick listening.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
HAHA, don't worry dude, I remember that! It came out that Ed was only in the studio to help Fred out with some guitar stuff. Nothing other then that. If Ed hates DLR as much as he says he does, he'd prolly kick Fred's teeth in! LOL

·
Registered
628 Posts
Great CD list.
My fav is at number 17, last track on Disk Two.
Thanks, great taste you have.
Sucka, I will follow your lead and burn me a copy of this the kids at school.
Should bring a grin to their faces no doubt!

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Ok Here is how my track list would be for the latest vh hits 2 cd set. This is how I would have liked to seen it...

disc 1:

1. 316( live)
2. you really got me
3. Black and Blue
4. The Seventh Seal
5. Feel Your Love Tonight
6. I'll wait
7. Where Have All The Good Times Gone
8. Sucker In A Three Piece Suit
9. There's only 1 way to rock( live from live without a net)
10. Me-Wise Magic
11. Eruption
12. 5150
13. So This Is Love
14. I'm The One
15. Top Jimmy
16. Cabo Wabo
17. Hang Em' High
18. PoundCake
19. Little Dreamer

Disc 2:

1. Good Enough
2. Ice Cream man
3. Summer Nights
4. Judgement Day
5. Intruder/ Pretty Woman
6. Spanish Fly/ Cathredal
7. A.F.U Naturally Wired
8. Won't Get Fooled Again
9. Unchained
10. Top Of The World(live)
11. Drop Dead Legs
12. Mine all Mine
13. Beautiful Girls
14. Take Your Whiskey Home
15. Atomic Punk
16. Right Now
18. Happy Trails( seems like a excellent tune to finish out this 2 cd set in my opinion)

there ya go.. my list..... I might just make this myself.

·
Guy who says Habutashi
393 Posts
Disc 1
1. There's Only One Way To Rock (from RHRN)
2. Good Enough
3. Mine All Mine
4. Runaround
5. Romeo Delight
6. The Seventh Seal
7. I'm The One
8. The Dream Is Over
9. Best Of Both Worlds
10. Panama
11. Runnin' With The Devil
12. Poundcake
13. Why Can't This Be Love
14. Hot For Teacher
15. Mean Street
16. Everybody Wants Some!!
17. Unchained
18. 5150
19. Aftershock
Disc 2
1. Sucker In A 3 Piece
2. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
3. Eruption
4. Me Wise Magic
5. Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)
6. Jump
7. Top Of The World
8. Humans Being
9. Right Now
10. Up For Breakfast
11. Learning To See
12. It's About Time
13.You're No Good
14. Bottoms Up
15. So This Is Love
16. Where Have All The Good Times Gone!
17. Drop Dead Legs

·
Guy who says Habutashi
393 Posts
Ya it is one of mine too. I just love the way Ed's guitar sounds in that song.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts