Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drums usually seem to be the most important part of a backing track, and the hardest to find good sounds for. What are everyone's favorite drum sound banks (SF2, etc)? Feel free to provide links :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm just now experimenting with the NSKit, which seems to get good word of mouth on other home recording sites I've visited, plus it's free. It's available as a soundfont or wav files, although the soundfont is a huge file and may present some implementation problems.

Natural Studio link - look for downloads on ns_kit

I've used Fruity Loops a lot with their "realistic" kit. It's very good, but it's not free.

Fruity Loops link

If you just want some good samples to use in Fruity Loops or within other sequencing or beat-programming software, try the Tom Hicks samples here:

Tom Hicks samples

Here's another link with a lot of drum stuff in general.

Drum Track Zone

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was just going to recommend the same Natural Studio -kit. It's really great. Drum samples are available there in addition to Soundfonts and wavs also in Battery and Gigastudio formats.
Astonishing that somebody gives away so good stuff for free!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I have Natural Studio and FL Studio 5 Producer. I use FL Studio more and think it is amazing software.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have something called "Douglas Natural Studio Kit v2.0" which I assume is what you guys are referring to. It's pretty good, though I'd like to find something with a bit more kick or power to it as well.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I usually use drums from either Fluid soundfont collection or the a340 collection.I got both of those collections from Hammersound Soundfont Library.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Here's a good drum kit!

Here is a drum kit I've picked from Joey Kramers (the guy from Aerosmith) samples. I've used it in Fruity loops. The samples are in wav-format. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
GuitarsAndTacos said:
Wholly carp, the nskit is huge... Must be good, I presume... Starting the download right now :jam:
Lol, yeah it is. I use it on all my backings. It requires lots of ram so if you're getting the soundfont format, make sure you download the lite version too, just in case:thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hm, I wasn't able to get the large SF2 version to load on my Audigy 2 even though I bumped up the soundfont cache to 300 MB.

In classic Creative Labs fashion, here's the gramatically challenged error message:

"Load the SoundFont File Failed!"

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dunadan said:
Hm, I wasn't able to get the large SF2 version to load on my Audigy 2 even though I bumped up the soundfont cache to 300 MB.
In classic Creative Labs fashion, here's the gramatically challenged error message:
"Load the SoundFont File Failed!"
That's more than I get nowadays when I try to use soundfonts. The "Soundfont" -line in my Sonar's menu is greyed out so I can't even try to choose them. And the help files of my SF Live seem to have dissappeared from the hard drive. Strange.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
POD GOD said:
Lol, yeah it is. I use it on all my backings. It requires lots of ram so if you're getting the soundfont format, make sure you download the lite version too, just in case:thumb:
Any time I use the NS drums, they seem almost like a tiny tiny drum set. Like a 1" drum instead of drums with balls comared to the generic. I gotta be missing something! I am useing SynthFont. Do I need to run the drums through the BBSonic?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
El_jalepeno said:
Any time I use the NS drums, they seem almost like a tiny tiny drum set. Like a 1" drum instead of drums with balls comared to the generic. I gotta be missing something! I am useing SynthFont. Do I need to run the drums through the BBSonic?
Yes, definitely. These samples are dry recordings. So, what I do is apply the BBE Sonic Maximizer plugin (drum preset, reduce the output level if there's any clipping) and then add reverb (I use Sonitus Reverb (drum room preset).:bannana_g

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
i dont use drum samples but my friend uses a kit called CREATIVE GOLD or something like that , they are very convincing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.