Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the completed Zep Jam. This was a whole load of fun to do - notes are flying around like stray bullets! Hope you enjoy this, it features some of the most mental playing i've heard for quite some time LOL, especially since the whole thing was turned around in 48 hours. An honour to be jamming with you guys!

See the thread in the 'jams' forum for all the details.

:jam:

Enjoy.

0:00 - 0:52: Phil28UK
0:52 - 1:40: Naifuzan
1:40 - 2:35: Elecjoy
2:35 - 3:22: Dannyboy
3:22 - 4:29: Dutchguitarfreak
Cheers E.

EDIT: Here's the new mix: number 3! Hopefully everyone will be happy with this!

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
sounds great guys , although maybe it was just my speakers but the backing seem to totally overpower all the solo's i could barely hear some of the fireworks that were goin on ! .. it's a pretty full on powerful backing i must say ,

again might just be the way things come through on my 5.1 speakers

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stiglar said:
sounds great guys , although maybe it was just my speakers but the backing seem to totally overpower all the solo's i could barely hear some of the fireworks that were goin on ! .. it's a pretty full on powerful backing i must say ,

again might just be the way things come through on my 5.1 speakers
Yeah Stig, I'll do another mix and lower the BT... it is a powerful backing though.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
elecjoy said:
Yeah Stig, I'll do another mix and lower the BT... it is a powerful backing though.
Mix number 2... this should be much better.

0:00 - 0:52: Phil28UK
0:52 - 1:40: Naifuzan
1:40 - 2:35: Elecjoy
2:35 - 3:22: Dannyboy
3:22 - 4:29: Dutchguitarfreak
Cheers E.

:jam:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
elecjoy said:
Mix number 2... this should be much better.
Actually, this still needs some work. I'll post up a new mix later, and leave this one 'as is' for the mo'.

Cheers E.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
elecjoy said:
Actually, this still needs some work. I'll post up a new mix later, and leave this one 'as is' for the mo'.

Cheers E.
OK it's done. I've added it to the first post! :icon_thum

Cheers E.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
whoa Phil ... dude ... i didn't know you could do that . sounds crazy man . right on .

nauzi sounds great too man . cleanly executed

EJ ... you are fast becoming one of my fave players on this site bro ... stunning

eddie sounds good man . good way to end the jam for sure . right on mate .

man ... we should keep working together on more jams EJ , we could end up putting together a nice little albums worth haha . wtg everyone

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dannyboy said:
man ... we should keep working together on more jams EJ , we could end up putting together a nice little albums worth haha . wtg everyone
Hehe, yeah that'd be cool! :icon_thum Now i'm on holiday for a few days maybe we can do another...

Phil: Man, you have some serious chops and a great sense of timing. Incredible solo and a burning opener!

Nai: Ferocious and wild attack, contrasted really well with Phil - loved it!

Danny: Your picking tech borders on the ridiculous LOL, seqeuences for days my man. You've been eating your shreddies with full cream milk! Awesome!

Dutch: Love your full on tone and style, the seque between Danny's and your solo is a classic. Killer end to a great jam!

Thanks again to everyone for kicking ass and getting those solos done so damn quick! :icon_thum

·
kiss my axe
3,338 Posts
wow sounds so great:icon_thum

im not sure if i belong between u guys but im honoured that i was part of this jam

phil : your playing was just great man high speed soloing
i loved the end lick of your solo also

naifuzan: i loved the way your solo started and u have great tone
sounds killer

elecjoy : wow you are a great player
i heared some lynch influences but correct me if i am wrong
and when u go full shred i feel pain in my fingers LOL

danny : omg pal u are becomming a real speed freak hehehe
sounds great

great job on the mix also elecjoy :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
elecjoy said:
Danny: Your picking tech borders on the ridiculous LOL, seqeuences for days my man. You've been eating your shreddies with full cream milk! Awesome!
how did you know that ? ... no seriously ... ??? ... biz fucking zar

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Great Jam All.....Phil really came out shooting and everyone else had his back on this one....that is a great BT.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
i agree . i always knew phil could play but damn i didnt know he had THAT kind of playing in him . very tastefully done and superbly executed . everyone really stepped up to the plate here and delivered the goods ... and in 48 hours ? . brilliant .

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
...the focking fury has been unleashed!! Are ANY of you non-pro's???
Fantastic on so many levels!!! :jam: :rock:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I love the new mix EJ ,

definately not an easy one to mix those rhythm guitars are really hot and up in the mix !

I really enjoyed everyones playing and you all let fly which was good to hear !

nice work :thumb:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thanks everyone. This was a great jam to be involved in and I haven't done one in ages. The BT was amzing to play along to.

Naifuzan - some really smokin' blues lead guitar. Tone was amazing.

Elecjoy - Absolutely jaw dropping playing. Some shades of the Swedish one but much more tastier playing and that legato stuff you were doing is amazing, you've got to tell/show me how you are doing that.

DB - Your alternate picking is as tight as a badger's chuff. I bet there was some smoke coming off them strings. Cool stuff.

Dutchguitarfreak - Amzing tone and some really good phrasing and your vibrato is really cool.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
phil28uk said:
DB - Your alternate picking is as tight as a badger's chuff.
Phillip, you owe me for a new keyboard. I have just emptied a shedload of drink on it! You bugger ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts