Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BLASPHEMY!! Goport sings Ziggy. Well I have been promising I would do a vocal and I found a top backing track on the subscribers unlimited backing track forum. I haven't got much of a range these days as a result of too many cigerettes so I dropped it an octave and just about pulled it off. Sorry to the Bowie fans in advance but I am no singer :icon16: .

The only reason I chose to do this was because I bought some new toys (soundcard, mixer, mic preamp, monitor speakers and a mic+stand Woohoo!!) and I wanted to try it out and see if I got better results than my old set up. This was done in about 2 hours and that included me begging/forcing Mrs Goport to sing on it too. The backing had the clean rhythm so I just did the main distorted guitar (one take with mistakes.) I had a go at chucking the harmonies on too.

I hope you enjoy it. We did, you can probably hear us laughing in it :icon_jam:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
This is great!! Wonderfull job Mr and Mrs Goport!! Since I have already downloaded it, I will keep it! :icon_thum :icon_peac

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Wooooooooooooooo! Nice job goport but to say you are singing would be like saying Bruce Sprinsteen sings...more like melodic talking :icon_wink Anyhoot, nice work and keep em coming!

BTW, I posted my cover of this tune a while back. It's still in my catalog for downloading.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey what can I say - I have half the vocal range of lou reed on a bad day. To be honest I did try and sing up an octave first but it sounded pretty dire - I dropped it and preferred the sound. Plus I got the wife to do the clever stuff :lol:

Stingx, I checked out your version and like the way you interpreted it. the guitar parts had a nice twist, whereas I did it straight. Also the vox reminded me a little of Arron Neville (I hope that is not an insult cos I rate him).

Anyhow thanks for listening chaps. :thumb:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Goport said:
Hey what can I say - I have half the vocal range of lou reed on a bad day. To be honest I did try and sing up an octave first but it sounded pretty dire - I dropped it and preferred the sound. Plus I got the wife to do the clever stuff :lol:

Stingx, I checked out your version and like the way you interpreted it. the guitar parts had a nice twist, whereas I did it straight. Also the vox reminded me a little of Arron Neville (I hope that is not an insult cos I rate him).

Anyhow thanks for listening chaps. :thumb:
Thanks goport. I have a hard time singing because it isn't my forte and I rely on auto-tune plugins and harmonizers. You should download the following plugin and tinker with it as it will really help with getting vocals down, it is called MadShifta and it is located here:

http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~thman/VST/vst-alleff.htm

Just text search on that page for madshifta. There are lots of other nice, free plugins there too. Have fun with those.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Oh Yeaaaahhhh!!!!:woot: Gr8 job Mr. & Mrs. Goport!!!!:icon_thum And the little Elvis thing at the end.....:cool:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks sting I have dl'ed it and will check it out :thumb:

sgstd - cheers mate and I am glad you got the Elvis thing :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Love it !!!!!!! Fuck i wish i could sing that low !!!! My spuds were rattling it was that low !! Great !!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Geordie - but I would prefer to be able to sing in your register ( :icon_bowd) than my smokers one :)

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Man, I have been away too long! This is great, loved the vocals. You really nailed Bowie :thumb:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I adore this!!! Just fucking pure and brilliant! "Thank ya very much!" :icon_lol:Complements to Mrs. Goport too. I have to say, I've always been a big fan of that big smoky kind of voice! :woot: :rock: :devilchil

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
I love BOWIE!!!!!..Wow Porty!!!...Finally!!!!..You and the misses was rockin out!!!..Loved it!!!!:rock:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
mate! you fucking legend! hat was awesome, have lsitened to it about 5 times now. Fucking good playing, singing (by both participants) and overall production, had that vintage sound to it.
best cover ive heard all week! should be proud!

Thank you very much....i thought it was bowie not Elvis!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:icon_lol: thanks everyone - glad you enjoyed it :)

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Pretty nifty...the GoPorts on the loose!
Hehe maybe you should go the Leonard Cohen way...go even deeper:rock::icon16:
Loved it.
Bowie is awesome!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol!!! Thanks wah :thumb: and thanks too Rid! :thumb: Leonard Cohen eh? Could work!! lol

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
WOW!!! Porty Great Loved Your Rendition, you and your wife sound great, looking forward to your next post:icon_thum :icon_thum :bannana_g

1 - 20 of 23 Posts