Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After listening to Sergio's repost of Space Oddity (killer, btw) I just had to repost my cover of Ziggy Stardust as it on the same soundtrack. I think I originally posted this about a year ago. I used my old Schecter PT for all the guitar layers on this.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This is great!! I love Bowie!!! Ya did good!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, Zeppy and Lace, thanks a lot. Glad you enjoyed the track! :thumbup:

·
Goddess of 101
606 Posts
Very Nice My Dear! Very Good. :) Enjoyed It.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Thanks for posting this indeed Stingy!..I'm a huge Bowie fan...You did a wonderful job hun!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Nice job Sting. Guitar tone/sound quality was really fantastic and clear.And I know I've said it a few times before, but gotta mention again that your voice sounds so much like Cat Stevens. :thumbup:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's Yusuf Islam, pal! :lol:

Thanks for giving this a listen KC and Rain. Thanks for the nice comments, too. :thumbup:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
stingx said:
It's Yusuf Islam, pal! :lol:
You're a mind-reader man. I was gonna ask you if you minded me just calling you Yusuf, but I couldn't remember how to spell it :dunno:
Thanks for giving this a listen KC and Rain.:thumbup:
Hell, it's just nice to hear your recordings, since most of your other posts on here are about HOW to make recordings. :grin:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rythameen said:
Great stuff.............now where did I leave my spandex and make up????? Great job "Yusuf" :toothless :rock: :rock:
Hahahahh Yusuf!!!! hahahhahaahah

Man...anyway thanks Rythameen :lol:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Another of my fav Bowie tunes!!!:woot: Awesome job with it bro!!!:bowdown: Now...how about "All The Young Dudes"?:icon_thum

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Now that's what i'm talkin bout!! Influential stuff!! Loved your version Pete. Totally fantastic production!! :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
sgstd said:
Another of my fav Bowie tunes!!!:woot: Awesome job with it bro!!!:bowdown: Now...how about "All The Young Dudes"?:icon_thum
Funny you should mention that tune...

Thanks much, SG, your comments are always appreciated.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sergio, thanks man. Your submission was way more polished. I was happy with my guitar's tone on that more than anything. :icon_peac

1 - 19 of 19 Posts