Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i use a zoom ps-04,.. cool little thing, its a 4 track w/ lots of awsome features,. anybody else here have one?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
hey there...i HAD one...got tired of the endless scrolling of menus etc...and the hassle of the memory card...it was a neat little gizmo to sneak into work the odd time...but wearin' headphones and trying to listen to alarms on the equipment i'm running sorta don't mix... :grin:

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,432 Posts
I have one... Don't use it as much, I moved to a zoom mrs1266. If you mean the "files" that it saves from the memory card reader, I don't think they'll work. I think you have to play it out, into the PC (need some minimal audio software) and save it as .mp3 or whatever else.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oo hmm thanks, but is there some software or anything i can download to convert the files? i assume this would be much easier,.. im not exctly lookin into buyin a new recorder b/c this one works fine but i just want to be able to record and upload songs

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,432 Posts
I think you'd be in the same fix with any recorder. Don't get me wrong - the ps04 is a GREAT machine, for the $ and capabilities, I just outgrew it and needed more tracks, it was always great to me otherwise. Also, I've done what you're trying to do with it. So stick with what you've got.

You have 2 options with the ps04, that I know of. The machine uses a "memory card". There is a machine that you can buy for a PC that reads this memory card and puts the files on your computer. You take the mem card out of the Zoom and put it into the reader machine, it takes all the info off and puts it on your PC. Zoom has software that can be downloaded from their site that does the rest. That's the more expensive option. The other...

If you go to www.downloads.com, you could try to pick up a freeware version of audacity or wavepad (they don't expire). For the most part you're going to need a line (wire - I used 1/8 on both ends chord from radio shack) that goes from you're headphone out on the zoom to your line-in or microphone jack on the pc. Check out the following post it would be helpful I think for the "in's and out's" from that point...

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24456

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o no,. i have no problem getting the tracks off the recorder into the computer,.. just when i do the files are huge. thats my propblem,.. i tried to post something on here a couple of days ago,.. its about 5 min,.. a lil less, and it read out something like 33.3 MB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i use the little default software from the zoom site, and it bring the files to hte computer, but thats it. what type of softtware should i use? im lookin for something effective but takes up little space

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm not sure if these are the kind of software utilities you need, but there's a guy out there that does a lot of companion apps for the PS-04 and its precursor, the PS-02. Maybe you already knew about this? Looks he has an editor program for the MRS recorders too.

You'll have to scroll down the page to find the PS-04 stuff:

Armin's Sounside page

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.